SCOUG-General Mailing List Archives

Return to [ 21 | April | 2000 ]

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:19:02 PST
From: jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net
To: scoug-general@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-General: Jobs spooled; don't print

From: jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 02:06:22 -0400
To: scoug-general@scoug.com
Subject: Jobs spooled; don't print

I am using a Lexmark 5700 ink jet printer and a Panasonic KXP-1124 dot
matrix printer connected to my pc via a switchbox.

I can print from OS/2 (Warp 4 fp12) and WIN/OS2 via the Panasonic but only
from OS/2 via the Lexmark 5700.

The WINOs2 spooler shows no jobs but but the Lexmark spool manager shows
two jobs in C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2\TEMP (the spooler file) but the ALL JOBS
View of the printer (and the same views for the PANASONIC printer object
and another printer object from my Warp 3 desktop labelled PRINTER) shows
no jobs pending.

My win.ini file looks like this except that there are no note symbols):

windows]
load=
run=lxdboxcp.exe
Beep=yes
Spooler=no
NullPort=None
BorderWidth=3
CursorBlinkRate=530
DoubleClickSpeed=452
Programs=com exe bat pif
Documents=
DeviceNotSelectedTimeout=15
TransmissionRetryTimeout=45
KeyboardDelay=2
KeyboardSpeed=31
ScreenSaveActive=0
ScreenSaveTimeOut=120
DosPrint=yes
device=Lexmark 5700 Series ColorFine,WWLXMA,LPT1.OS2

[Desktop]
Pattern=(None)
Wallpaper=(None)
GridGranularity=0
IconSpacing=75

[Extensions]
trm=terminal.exe ^.trm
rec=recorder.exe ^.rec
hlp=winhelp.exe ^.hlp
wri=write.exe ^.wri
pcx=pbrush.exe ^.pcx
bmp=pbrush.exe ^.bmp
cal=calendar.exe ^.cal
crd=cardfile.exe ^.crd
txt=notepad.exe ^.txt
ini=notepad.exe ^.ini

[intl]
sLanguage=enu
sCountry=United States
iCountry=1
iDate=0
iTime=0
iTLZero=0
iCurrency=0
iCurrDigits=2
iNegCurr=0
iLzero=1
iDigits=2
iMeasure=1
s1159=AM
s2359=PM
sCurrency=$
sThousand=,
sDecimal=.
sDate=/
sTime=:
sList=,
sShortDate=M/d/yy
sLongDate=dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy

[ports]
; A line with [filename].PRN followed by an equal sign causes ; [filename]
to appear in the Control Panel's Printer Configuration dialog ; box. A
printer connected to [filename] directs its output into this file. LPT1:=
LPT2:=
LPT3:=
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM4:=9600,n,8,1,x
EPT:=
FILE:=
LPT1.OS2=
LPT2.OS2=
LPT3.OS2=

[FontSubstitutes]
Helv=MS Sans Serif
Tms Rmn=MS Serif
Times=Times New Roman
Helvetica=Arial

[TrueType]

[Sounds]
SystemDefault=ding.wav, Default Beep
SystemExclamation=chord.wav, Exclamation
SystemStart=tada.wav, Windows Start
SystemExit=chimes.wav, Windows Exit
SystemHand=chord.wav, Critical Stop
SystemQuestion=chord.wav, Question
SystemAsterisk=chord.wav, Asterisk

[mci extensions]
wav=waveaudio
mid=sequencer
rmi=sequencer

[Compatibility]
NOTSHELL=0x0001
WPWINFIL=0x0006
CCMAIL=0x0008
AMIPRO=0x0010
REM=0x8022
PIXIE=0x0040
CP=0x0040
JW=0x42080
TME=0x0100
VB=0x0200
WIN2WRS=0x1210
PACKRAT=0x0800
VISION=0x0040
MCOURIER=0x0800
_BNOTES=0x24000
MILESV3=0x1000
PM4=0x2000
DESIGNER=0x2000
PLANNER=0x2000
DRAW=0x2000
WINSIM=0x2000
CHARISMA=0x2000
PR2=0x2000
PLUS=0x1000
ED=0x00010000
APORIA=0x0100
EXCEL=0x1000
GUIDE=0x1000
NETSET2=0x0100
W4GL=0x4000
W4GLR=0x4000
TURBOTAX=0x00080000

[Microsoft Word 2.0]
HPDSKJET=+1

[fonts]
Arial (TrueType)=ARIAL.FOT
Times New Roman (TrueType)=TIMES.FOT
Arial Bold (TrueType)=ARIALBD.FOT
Arial Bold Italic (TrueType)=ARIALBI.FOT
Arial Italic (TrueType)=ARIALI.FOT
Courier New (TrueType)=COUR.FOT
Courier New Bold (TrueType)=COURBD.FOT
Courier New Bold Italic (TrueType)=COURBI.FOT
Courier New Italic (TrueType)=COURI.FOT
Times New Roman Bold (TrueType)=TIMESBD.FOT
Times New Roman Bold Italic (TrueType)=TIMESBI.FOT
Times New Roman Italic (TrueType)=TIMESI.FOT
Symbol (TrueType)=SYMBOL.FOT
WingDings (TrueType)=WINGDING.FOT
Roman (Plotter)=ROMAN.FON
Script (Plotter)=SCRIPT.FON
Modern (Plotter)=MODERN.FON
MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)=sserife.fon
Courier 10,12,15 (VGA res)=coure.fon
MS Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)=serife.fon
Symbol 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)=symbole.fon
Small Fonts (VGA res)=smalle.fon

[embedding]
Package=Package,Package,packager.exe,picture
SoundRec=Sound,Sound,SoundRec.exe,picture
PBrush=Paintbrush Picture,Paintbrush Picture,pbrush.exe,picture

[colors]
Background=192 192 192
AppWorkspace=255 255 232
Window=255 255 255
WindowText=0 0 0
Menu=255 255 255
MenuText=0 0 0
ActiveTitle=64 128 128
InactiveTitle=192 192 192
TitleText=255 255 255
ActiveBorder=255 255 128
InactiveBorder=192 192 192
WindowFrame=0 0 0
Scrollbar=192 192 192
ButtonFace=192 192 192
ButtonShadow=128 128 128
ButtonText=0 0 0
GrayText=128 128 128
Hilight=128 128 128
HilightText=255 255 255
InactiveTitleText=128 128 128
ButtonHilight=255 255 255

[Freemem]
Position=1,1

[Windows Help]
H_WindowPosition=[213,160,213,160,0]
M_WindowPosition=[0,0,461,438,0]

[spooler]
window=0 0 636 408
DisplaySize=yes

[Sounds]

[PSCRIPT]
External Printers=6
Printer1=40291760
Printer2=40291730
Printer3=40293930
Printer4=40293960
Printer5=IBM17521
Printer6=IBM39521

[Lexmark 5700 Series - Status Monitor]
Sound Effects=1
NON BIDI MODE=0
Popup On Error=0
Starboard cartridge type=0
Buffer Mode Output=1
Alignments Valid=1
Vertical Align=8
Horizontal Align=18
Black Bidi Align=12
Colour Bidi Align=11
Black Dot Count=1074270

[Lexmark 5700 Series ColorFine,LPT1.OS2]
Resolution=2
Print Quality=0
ICM Intent=3
Colour Control Bitmap=lximg2.bmp
disable contrast=0
inksave=1
HISPEED=1
LastPaperOrient=1
LastEnvOrient=2
Res Enhance=0
Dry Time Enable=0
Mirror Print=0

[Netscape]
ini=C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2\NETSCAPE.INI

[PrinterPorts]
Lexmark 5700 Series ColorFine=WWLXMA,LPT1.OS2,15,45
Panasonic KX-P1124=PANSON24,LPT1.OS2,15,45

[devices]
Lexmark 5700 Series ColorFine=WWLXMA,LPT1.OS2
Panasonic KX-P1124=PANSON24,LPT1.OS2

I started looking for a file, XXSPLMGR.EXE after reading the WinOs2
printing help and found MASPLMGR.INI. It seems to be the Lexmark spool
manager .ini. Here is that file.

[Devices]
Lexmark 5700 Series ColorFine=WWLXMA,LPT1.OS2
Panasonic KX-P1124=PANSON24,LPT1.OS2

[Drivers]
WWLXMA=1
PANSON24=0

[Setup]
Window State=16000000010060000A02FFFFFFFF180018001E031002
Window
Font=F3FF000000000000BC020000000003020122417269616C00DF061B0478592F071B04
Update Timer=1000
Remote Timer=30000
Show=9

[Lexmark 5700 Series ColorFine, LPT1.OS2]
Jobs1=1 2
J0001A=Messages in IBM OS/2 Users Foru
J0001B=C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2\TEMP\MAb95a4d.jnl

J0001A and B are two jobs that the Lexmark did not print.

From all this information I concluded that the line WWLXMA=1 should read
WWLXMA=0.

Am I on the right track? Will making this change get the 5700 to print
from WinOS2? I hesitate to modify MASPLMGR because it apparently is
written every time my pc boots.

If I am not on the right track, can someone suggest what I should do or
check next?

TIA for the help.

Return to [ 21 | April | 2000 ]