SCOUG-General Mailing List Archives

Return to [ 18 | March | 2005 ]

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 06:39:58 PST8
From: "Terry Fuller" <taf@pgmguild.com >
To: scoug-general@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-General: Fwd: Rexx Language Association Symposium deadline extended to 28 March

Routing message from: Chip Davis Thu, 17 Mar 2005
04:05:31 UTC

It was brought to my attention by several mildly miffed members that we
(the 2005 Rexx Symposium Planning Committee) could have provided a
somewhat more timely reminder than "you have just missed the Earlybird
Rate deadline for the Symposium".

I agree and apologize. Like many of you, the date just slipped up on
me. (Unlike many of you however, I had already registered, so I wasn't
focussed on _that_ deadline. :-)

To make amends, the Planning Committee agreed to extend the Earlybird
Rate until midnight, Monday 28 March 2005. (That should give you over
a week to further procrastinate and forget it once again. ;-)

The Registration application on the RexxLA website is being updated but
don't worry if it doesn't want to give you that rate; we will
hand-correct any registrations that come in before the deadline, if
necessary.

HOWEVER, the most pressing deadline now is for the RexxLA room rate at
the Palos Verdes Inn in Redondo Beach, which expires this FRIDAY. We
have no control over that one. Our agreement with the Inn states:

"A block of rooms has been set aside for Symposium attendees on a
'courtesy hold' basis until MARCH 18, 2005. After MARCH 18, any
unreserved rooms remaining in the courtesy hold block will be
released to general availability. Rooms reserved by Symposium
attendees prior to MARCH 18 will enjoy a RexxLA nightly room rate
of $90.00 ($99.00 including tax). This rate will apply to the
entire length of a Symposium attendee's reservation."

If you think there is a remote possibility that you might attend the
Symposium, you should get a room reservation NOW. (It can be cancelled
without penalty if you do so more than 24 hours prior to scheduled
arrival.)

We have a great Symposium planned: lots of Open Object Rexx
presentations, Mike C. using Rexx with Wiki, fine dining, Sunday
tutorials, a banquet at the Comedy & Magic Club (where Jay Leno
practices every Sunday), and much more.

Oh yeah, every attendee gets a copy of Howard Fosdick's new book "Rexx:
Programmer's Reference". If you ask politely, he will probably
autograph it for you. Slip him a couple of bucks and he might wax
effusive over your Rexx programming prowess...

All the Symposium registration details at at http://www.rexxla.org .

Hope to see you there, it going to be fun!

-Chip Davis-
President@RexxLA.org

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams

--
Regards,
taf

Return to [ 18 | March | 2005 ]