Return to [ 04 | August | 2002 ]

Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 01:33:16 PST7
From: "Info2SYNass.NET" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: Your REXX script ...

... is working already on my system ;-)

Hello Harry
Thanks and compliments to your work ;-))

However I was modifying / working first time with a REXX script
... I got my additonal partitions added properly and the first
sets
of compared backups are on a free partition now ;-)))

I do have 2 questions:

1)
How do I add the entry of a full all partitons (C: to L:) backup ?

2)
Your script has its structure and works: OK !

If I have more partitons than your script offers I need to add
some more multiple entries for these additional partitions !?

I would like to set the partitons as a "PARM" end then lets
the script do the backup & compare task plus your control
functions !?

My idea:
------------
PARM=%Source /* Source can be a drive letter OR changeable for a
specific purpose
PARM=%Target /* Target is a preset destination path OR changeable
for a specific purpose
PARM=%Drive_C /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_D /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_E /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_F /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_G /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_H /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_I /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_K /* Listing of existing drives / partitions
PARM=%Drive_L /* Listing of existing drives / partitions

One single slope only for the control functions
One single slope only for backup
One single slope only for compare
------------

With the script modified like this I have to set only once my
PARMS i.e.
Source, Target and Drives and I do not need any modifications in
the
script itself !

If I have set the PARMS correctly the script will serve my system
environment perfectly ;-))

If I would be able I would modify it like my thoughts ...
... but since I have absolutely no experience with REXX ...
... I need assistance !

How are your thoughts about my idea ?

Kind regards, svobi

Return to [ 04 | August | 2002 ]