Return to [ 04 | August | 2002 ]

Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 13:26:33 PST7
From: Harry Chris Motin <hmotin@attglobal.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: Drive Image Backups

Sandy,

I'm sorry. The problem here is that you are using Classical REXX, while
I am using Object REXX (I checked it out by switching back to Classical
REXX and trying the script). Object REXX has several functions that
Classical REXX does not have. Also, it has several functions that
Classical REXX has, but with enhanced features. The DATE function is one
of these. Under Classical REXX I cannot enter a date string into any
function and have it return to me specific date information (like the
corresponding date in a different format). Under Object REXX I can,
using the enhanced DATE.

The best and easiest fix would be for you to switch your system to
Object REXX. Do so by going to a commandline and switching to the "OS2"
directory where your OS is installed (like "C:\OS2"). Then type
"SWITCHRX.CMD" at the commandline. Then reboot.

Object REXX is better. There are more functions and enhanced functions.
Upon rebooting the system replaces the help file for Classical REXX with
the corresponding help file for Object REXX. You probably won't notice
any difference between Classical and Object REXX, except greater
functionality.

If you do not want to switch, you'll have to wait a bit before I can get
to the script and fix it by alternative method (hard core date
mathematics). That will take some time.

HCM

Sandy Shapiro wrote:

> If you are responding to someone asking for help who
> may not be a member of this list, be sure to use the
> REPLY TO ALL feature of your email program.
>
> >The attached REXX script for automating you use of clback.exe may be
> >useful to you.
>
> Hi Harry,
>
> OK. I finally got some time to try the script. The first time I ran the
> script, I could backup each partition fine. When I tried to do a second
> backup of the same partition, I got the following error:
>
> 195 +++ SerialDate = DATE('B', FoundDate, 'O');
> REX0040: Error 40 running F:\BA2KWS\BA2K.CMD, line 195: Incorrect call to
> routine
> 105 +++ Call BACKUPPATH;
>
> Is there something I am doing wrong?
>
> Also, one question:
> It seems I have to run the script once for each partition.
> I would like to create a batch file that will run the backups for each
> partition sequentially, and automatically, without my having to be for
> each one. Basically, that is what I do now with my original batch file.
> (The one that runs a backup for each partition from the command line).
>
> Thanks,
> Sandy

Return to [ 04 | August | 2002 ]