Return to [ 11 | December | 2002 ]

Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 04:01:18 PST7
From: "Info2SYNass.NET" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: bitmap files

Hi Steve
thanks for your answer regarding my image viewing !

I have tried to run PMView's makedefv.exe and got an error
message
that there is something wrong with my INI files I shall reinstall
PMView again !

I did and at the end of the installation I got the popup window
asking for the
extenesions to be serviced from PMView ...
... and I accepted all to be default !

After rebooting my system I retried accessing an JPG file and got
it
with the system Image Viewer again instead of PMview ;-(

Once more I went to the PMView directory and reranned
makedefv.exe
again: Once more I did set all extension to be defaulted to
PMView and
once more I rebooted my system.

After this 2nd reboot the JPG was showed again with the system
Image Viewer ;-((

Checking with AssoEdit I noticed that these bitmap are still
associated to the
unwanted Image Viewer primarily ;-(((
As second entry I see PMview 2000 and sometimes any other apps
like
Impos/2 or Star Office !

What do I need to do to stop this unwanted system image viewer ?
Any hints and suggestions are very appreciated !!

Thanks and cheers, svobi

steve53@earthlink.net on 11.12.2002 09.55.36
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc:

In <1039614327-0-Info@SYNass.NET>, on 12/10/02
at 11:45 PM, "Info2SYNass.NET" said:

>Is "ab" the exe file for the default viewer ?

Sort of. It, along with, ib.exe and vb.exe are PM programs that
know how
to interface to the MMOS2 WPS classes that do the real work for
playing MM
streams.

>Can / Could I erase or rename "ab.exe" to make sure that the
default
>viewer does not appear or work anymore ???

Nope. Don't to that. Run pmview's makedefv.exe and pmview will
be the
default image viewer.

Steven

---