Return to [ 11 | February | 2002 ]

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:49:47 PST7
From: cisgrw@lux.levels.unisa.edu.au
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: BOOTOS2 Problem

I recently created a maintenance partition using BOOTOS2 and it works well up
to a point but...

Using this maintenance partition, I can't access either of my 2 CDrom drives
even though:

1. Whilst booted into this maintenance partition, 2 drive letters *are*
allocated to these CDrom drives because my last HD partition is R: but the
parallel port ZIP drive is U: therefore drive letters S: and T: *must* be
allocated to both CDroms.

However, if I load a CD into, say, drive S: and then issue a dir S:
command from the command line, all I get is this:

Volume in drive S is unlabeled. Serial number is 534E:4A52

and no file list even though the CD *is* labeled and contains files.

2. Whilst booted into my main OS/2 partition, I *can* access both drives
without any problems and if I load the same CD as above into drive S and
issue dir S:, I get:

Volume in drive S is Backup.01 Serial number is E71E:000A

followed by the list of files as usual.

I suspect that BOOTOS2 left something out of the config.sys file it created
but I have absolutely no idea what.

Can anyone help out with this problem?

Incidentally, my 2 HDs and both CDroms are IDE devices in case this is
relevant.

Here is the config.sys from my maintenance partition:

PROTSHELL=\OS2\BOS2SHL.EXE
SET OS2_SHELL=\OS2\CMD.EXE
SET COMSPEC=\OS2\CMD.EXE
MEMMAN=NOSWAP,PROTECT
CODEPAGE=850
DEVINFO=KBD,US,\OS2\KEYBOARD.DCP
DEVINFO=SCR,EGA,\OS2\VIOTBL.DCP
LIBPATH=.;G:\OS2\DLL;G:\OS2\MDOS;G:\4OS23;
SET PATH=G:\OS2;G:\4OS23;G:\OS2\MDOS
SET DPATH=G:\OS2;G:\4OS23;G:\OS2\MDOS
SET PROMPT=[$p]
BUFFERS=30
IOPL=YES
SET KEYS=ON
DISKCACHE=D,LW
BASEDEV=IBMKBD.SYS
BASEDEV=IBM1FLPY.ADD
BASEDEV=DANIS506.ADD
BASEDEV=DANIDASD.DMD /V
BASEDEV=IBMIDECD.FLT
PROTECTONLY=NO
FCBS=16,8
RMSIZE=640
DOS=LOW,NOUMB
SHELL=G:\OS2\MDOS\COMMAND.COM G:\OS2\MDOS
PRINTMONBUFSIZE=2048,134,134
COUNTRY=061,G:\COUNTRY.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\MDOS\VEMM.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\TESTCFG.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\MDOS\VXMS.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\MDOS\VDPMI.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\MDOS\VDPX.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\MDOS\VVGA.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\MDOS\VCDROM.SYS
IFS=\OS2\HPFS.IFS /CACHE:64 /AUTOCHECK:F
IFS=\OS2\FAT32.IFS /CACHE:2048
DEVICE=\OS2\OS2CDROM.DMD /V
DEVICE=\OS2\POINTDD.SYS
DEVICE=\OS2\MOUSE.SYS SERIAL=COM1