Return to [ 14 | January | 2002 ]

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:59:36 PST7
From: "J. R. Fox" <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Online Stores | Weirdest page design effect I've seen in awhile . . .

I think it might have been someone on this list (Rocky ?) who
steered me towards
Hyper Microsystems, from whom I purchased a couple components.
That seems to
have gone well, price & selection & delivery wise, although it's
been a couple months
and I haven't actually connected the h/w in question. Not the
best procedure, in case
one ever runs into a DOA, right out of the retail box.

Anyway, I like to get a personal recommendation from a good
source, &/or check out
Gomez, Bizrate, and Epinions, before placing an order with a
vendor that is totally
unfamiliar. But sometimes the name does not produce any hits at
these ratings sites.

If you want to see something pretty cool, go to
http://www.computergiants.com
and pass your mouse cursor over their logo in the upper left
corner of the screen.
I have no idea how (or WHY) they are producing this effect, but
at least you can prove
that I'm not hallucinating.

Although this outfit's selection appears formidable indeed within
their area of specialty,
and the prices are very low, they look to me like another of
those N'Yawk, 47th. St. Photo
kinda places, and if you bother to check out their Returns
Policy, it might rank among the
worst I've seen. (But maybe you have to do that, in order to
have lower margins.) They
are not on the radar screen of any rating service I checked.

Jordan

Return to [ 14 | January | 2002 ]