Return to [ 24 | January | 2002 ]

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:56:54 PST7
From: "Info 4 SYNass.NET" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: Cable/DSL Router

Hi Steven, Hi Sandy
first of all: You have to excuse me for my "Swiss-German English"
I hope you can understand my explantations and its sense ;-)

> What do you thing the ip address of the printer is?

The default TCP/IP address for the SMC 7004 BR is:
192.168.123.254 and its PWD: admin
The first thing I did: changed the PWD to some personal and
adapted the TCPIP address =

to the already existing environment here.
Just now I downloaded the newest firmware version for this
router: 1.94 a and another hint:
Just the previous firmware version (1.93s) dealed with some
problems of the Print Server !!

So my suggestion is: You update your Router to 1.93s or to 1.94a
before you continue with =

your experiments ;-)

I use my Barricade since last summer and 3 PC's are connected
with static IP addresses.
The last free port is for mobile systems and its dynamic IP
address.

Connecting to the each other PC's and from all them to WWW works.

But I did not have any success with the Print Server nor the COM
port till now.
All the systems around here are OS/2 Warp FP10, 12 or 15 but
sometimes a Windoze =

may be connected too.

I am not a techie and have tried so many times ...
=2E.. so I don't know what or where to do ;-((

COM port isn't important because I am well connected via cable
modem but someday it =

would be great to find the fallback solution with the COM port.

Hot for me is to connect the PC's to the printer server and here
I would appreciate any =

advices, hints and suggestions ;-))

My workstation WS210 has a Canon BJc-6100 printer on LPT1 (local
only) and =

is connected to the SMC 7004 BR where a Canon BJ-230 is connected
to its printer server's =

parallel port. Physically everthing should be correct ;-)

I believe that my problems are in the settings which I do with
TCPCFG ...
=2E.. but how and what ;-((
How can I find out with no experience and no competence ? =

May I join your workshop to get my print server working ?
Perhaps with the COM port later ??
Thanks in advance for your acceptance and cooperation ;-))

Kind regards, svobi

Return to [ 24 | January | 2002 ]