Return to [ 28 | October | 2002 ]

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:56:24 PST7
From: "Larry Tawa" <larry.tawa@worldnet.att.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Fujitsu 1.3GB SCSI MO-Unit and HPFS

In <21876.00.16.03.28.10.2002@dslextreme.com>, on 10/28/2002
at 12:01 AM, "Info2SYNass.NET" said:

>Hi Larry
>thanks a lot for your answer and the explain of "How to".

Your welcome. Wish it had work..... More below.

>After reading your "How to" is started my first tries but was not
>successfull ...
>... even more worse: My system trapped ever and ever again
>started loud
>rumoring like a starting airplane ;-(
>I do not know what has happened but did additional tries with
>DaniN512.FLT
>(version 0.1.4) instead and also got some curious results:

>The media in Drive M: cannot get formatted. Depending on the parameters
>in CONFIG.SYS (either /o or /r) the MO media is displayed as small floppy

>with up to 2.88MB capacity only ...
>Trying to create the partition with FDisk shows a capapcity of 295MB
>instead
>of 1.3GB ;-((

>I do have an icon of the MO drive but OS/2 is not able to get access to
>it but
>DOS (with FAT formatted media) does work !?

As you can see from my notes, I had to spend some time on this. Initially
to prove to *myself* that the MO drive worked under OS/2, I used the
MODISK.SYS driver (only FAT Partitions) included on the Fujitsu MO 640SE
drive's CD-ROM. If you need this let me know and I will dig that CD out
of the closet.

Once you know that the SCSI MO drive with FAT partitions works under your
Warp 4 FP16 setup, then go for the HPFS partitions. That's what I did.
Also you may wish to check the original postings on Usenet around March
2000 which pertain to this subject.

>For now I have to stop my further experiments.
>Need to do some month end administrations and the monthly backup !!!

>I will give more tries next weekend.
>Once again thanks, exspecially for the mental guidance ;-))

>Regards, svobi

Can't offer more than the above since I gave away (for work rendered) the
ThinkPad 560 and currently no SCSI cards at the moment.

Good luck.

Larry

Return to [ 28 | October | 2002 ]