Return to [ 02 | September | 2002 ]

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 20:22:48 PST7
From: Harry Chris Motin <hmotin@attglobal.net >
To: SCOUG Help <scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: REXX SYSFILESYSTEMTYPE command

6

Hi,

I need some help from anyone who has the Journalling File System (JFS)
and/or Super FAT installed on his or her system. I'm writing a REXX
script, which will use the REXX SYSFILESYSTEMTYPE command. I need to
know exactly what the return is from this command, if the file system is
JFS or Super FAT.

Attached please find a simple little REXX script that I wrote. It prints
out on the screen the results from SYSFILESYSTEMTYPE for all the
installed files on a system. If you have JFS and/or Super FAT, would you
please run the attached script at the command line and tell me what it
says? Thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.

HCM

Content Type: text/plain

name="FS.CMD"

/*REXX script for results of SYSFILESYSTEMTYPE to a file*/

/*Begin getting all the recognized or installed drive information*/
DDrive. = ""
Line. = ""
Map = SYSDRIVEMAP()
J = 0
RC = SYSCLS()
SAY ""
DO UNTIL Map = ""
J = J + 1
PARSE VAR Map First Remainder
DDrive.J = First
Map = Remainder
END /*Ends "DO UNTIL Map = """ Section*/
DDrive.0 = J

DO I = 1 TO DDrive.0 BY 1
FileSystem = TRANSLATE(SYSFILESYSTEMTYPE(DDrive.I))
SAY "The file system type for "DDrive.I" is: "FileSystem
END I
/*End getting all the recognized or installed drive information*/
SAY ""
SAY "Thank you for getting this information for me!"
SAY "Now, press the ENTER key to end this REXX script."
PARSE PULL KeyResponse
EXIT

Return to [ 02 | September | 2002 ]