Return to [ 22 | September | 2002 ]

Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:23:56 PST7
From: "Info2SYNass.NET" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: uninstall of RSJ cd writer program

Hi Harry
Your words are true ;-)
I agree fully with you but I couldn't have said like you
with my Swiss-German-English ;-|

I have to make a comment regarding RSJ:
RSJ is very speditive with their answers and support ;-))

Well, on the other hand: Butch has to experiment on himself
to get familiar with his favorites ...
... if he asks: we can answer and suggest but he has to
decide himself finally ;-))

Have a nice Sunday
svobi

hmotin@attglobal.net on 22.09.2002 15.12.43
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc:

Butch,

I believe that you are jumping too fast to conclusions that may
not be
valid. RSJ probably WILL WORK with your CD unit. It probably
needs an
updated CDDRV.INF file, which RSJ will E-Mail to you. Please read
my
previous E-Mail to you.

The install of RSJ is not corrupt. It tries to auto detect your
hardware. It is probably failing to correctly detect (thinks
you've got
a particular unit that you do not have) and is trying to apply
drivers
to it that do not apply to your unit. There is a chance that your
RSJ
installation replaced some of your previous IDE drivers (Steven's
idea).
I doubt that. However, we should test it out by comparing your
existing
CONFIG.SYS to a previous one.

As I said previously, back out of the RSJ attempt to install
drivers at
bootup. Either REM out the RSJ driver lines in your CONFIG.SYS
file, or
better yet, go back to a previous version of that file, the
latest one
you have before you installed RSJ.

Then, go to the CDDRV.INF file as I said in my previous E-Mail
and see
if your CD unit is supported. If it is not, you have to contact
RSJ
Software and have them E-Mail you an updated file with lines
added to it
to support your unit. 99 times out of 100 they can successfully
help
you. I've been this route, so I know. It worked for me, first
time,
after a applied the new RSJ file.

There are some plus and minuses to going to cdrecord versus RSJ.
On the
plus side cdrecord is free (I believe). On the minus side it is
not have
all the functionality as RSJ.

If you are determined to uninstall RSJ, as I recall (do not quote
me
here) you do it from the install program that comes with it.

HCM

__________

eyeleica@lvcm.com wrote:

> I was able to get my system to boot. However, I am thinking
the install
> of RSJ was corrupt in some way. There is no way I can
determine to
> uninstall the program. The initial page of the installation
program does
> have an "uninstall" bar, but it is almost wiped out and is not
functional.
> That is, the uninstall does not work. I've checked the RSJ
file and there
> is no uninstall file anywhere. Would deleting the RSJ file do
the same as
> uninstalling?
> I am going to give cdrecord a try, but I don't want a program
on the
> system that isn't functional. Any thoughts?
>
> Butch

Return to [ 22 | September | 2002 ]