Return to [ 30 | April | 2003 ]

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:54:03 PDT7
From: Sheridan George <s-geo@usa.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Arrrg, Polarbar

Steven Levine wrote:

>If you are responding to someone asking for help who
>may not be a member of this list, be sure to use the
>REPLY TO ALL feature of your email program.
>
>In <20030430054001.MDVZ15145.mta2.adelphia.net@[192.168.1.125]>, on
>04/29/03
> at 10:40 PM, "Sheridan" said:
>

>>#1) There is an advertisement (Mother's Day Flowers) that seems to be
>>attached to the bottom of the post. Unless the post is quite long the ad
>>is smack dab in the middle of the post making it unreadable. I have
>>found no way to delete it or move it to an less offensive location. It
>>is an active ad meaning it changes about once per second. Any one found
>>a way to get rid of the ad?
>>

>This is not a Polarbar feature. You really should be more discriminating
>about the mail you receive. :-)

I now know that the ad is a Yahoo Groups Sponsor. One of the messages
has it positioned where the title is visible and the ad is not in a
place to obscure the message. In some cases Polarbar does not position
the ad properly.

I'm using Mozilla tonight but there were no OS/2 Hardware messages
tonight so I don't know how this version of Mozilla will react. If the
ads were there when I was on my old computer using an older version of
Mozilla they were no a bother. I don't remember them.

>Which browser style are you using (Tools -> Browser Window Style) are you
>using?

ICE HTML browser.

Interesting thing just happened. I tried the Hotjava HTML browser and
was told that the Hotjave dll was not on the path and that ICE HTML
browser would be used. Now the offending ads are not there. The text
"yahoo groups sponsor" is there but the ad is not. Yea. Of course the
next download might change that.

>>#2) After several deletes, Polarbar freezes up. Some times I get a
>>diagnostic that says "trashing failed...". Most of the time there is
>>nothing. Polarbar is stopped and can't be closed even from the Window
>>List. The on;y way to restore activity is Ctl-Alt-Del. Is this a known
>>bug?

Nope. Did you read the help on how to turn on the debug logs and to use

>them? Did you read the list of items that should be included when
>reporting a problem?

Yes, but I'll lurk on the Polarbar list before I report both
observations as bugs.

Sheridan

Return to [ 30 | April | 2003 ]