Return to [ 08 | April | 2003 ]

Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:42:04 PDT
From: Ray Davison <raydav@charter.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: PMSHELL CPU hog

Steven Levine wrote:

>>I deleted the contents of the Desktop directory, but left the directory.
>>Then restore from DeskSave seemed to produce the proper objects but with
>>none of the normal icons.
>>

>Lose the Desktop tree and restore everything. See my missive to Peter.
>It's YMMV if you don't backup and restore a matched set.

Does deleting the directory; files and subdirectories, "Lose the Desktop"?

>This is true unless you run SEINST again.

I assume that is selective install. But I can't find any reference to
"SEINST".

>>It's just that I don't know when or how it happens. With DANI OS/2
>>doesn't seen to care.
>>

>Dani does care. Her DaniDasd supports type F EBRs as do recent version of
>IBMDASD.

I know, thats why OS/2 doesn't have to care.

>>However, I have not been able to get boot
>>floppies to see type F.
>>

>Repeat after me. It's the drivers I have installed on the floppies that
>cause this.
>

>>CONFIG.X seems to use DANI.
>>

>Only because config.sys used Dani when you last ran ARCINST or you edited
>config.x by hand.

Somebody put DANI in there. Maybe it was me. But it didn't work. Do
you know which lines have to be edited?

Ray

Return to [ 08 | April | 2003 ]