Return to [ 25 | August | 2003 ]

Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:00:07 PDT7
From: "Info 4 SYNass" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Anyone instant message?

Hi Rocky and everbody
with my system I stay somewhat between ;-)
Currently running V4 with FP16 I would like a complete new installation =

with MCP2 (4.52) but I am hesitating because of LVM and its
consequences !

On the system I am running NS 4.61 with Java 1.1.8 =

and for go.icq I have to use this to have it working here !!

Browsing is done with Mozilla 1.4 and I believe there I do have some =

restrictions because my Java environment is not setup properly =

but it works well for my personal use !!!

PRO of go.icq, in my eyes is the following: Wherever I am ... =

=2E.. on every system with a browser I am able to start an ICQ session =

without needing to install an ICQ client but I need to know / remember =

my ICQ ID # ;-)

I do not know for sure but I believe Netscape and Mozilla are offering =

an option for personalized entry wherever I am !?

I assume that, with these option activated, I could be able to use any =

browser on a system somewhere on this planet ...
=2E.. and I will have my personalized browser environment including its =

bookmarks !!??

In a way It would be fascinating to work like this and I I would
compare =

it with "Unified Messaging" !!!???

Like this every system on this planet could be my workstation wherever =

I am ;-))

CONTRA to the behavior mentioned above is that some of my personal =

data / profiles are on strange systems, i.e. like the contact list on
ICQ on =

their servers.

Thats my biggest dislike ;-(((

I would prefer something like a secure ATM badge / card containing =

my personal data to be used wherever I access the WWW ;-)))

Another big CONTRA with personal data on strange systems I have =

experience is the following:

Todays business(es) are very shortsighted !
Quarterly profits are more important than serious business of duration
!!
In past I had a few times some storage somewhere on the WWW ...
=2E.. and being in my long vacations (some weeks) I got kicked off =

with the announcement that I have to (re-) move my date within =

2 weeks or it will get lost ;-((

I had absolutely no chance to move / save my data to another =

place and lost these ;-(

Well, not for ever but my concept with the external data storage =

did not workout secure enough ;-|

OK, I better stop here because I do not want to change the topic ;-)
But Communication (i.e. ICQ) and Messaging (i.e Mailing) are not =

only local and therefor need some better observation into global =

aspects ...
=2E.. exspecially with this planet getting so small !!!

Have a nice day
svobi

=

=

mrakijas@oco.net on 25.08.2003 01.28.28
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

** Reply to message from "Info 4 SYNass" on Sat, 23
Aug 2003
01:53:58 PDT7

> Hi Rocky
> Yes, I am using =

> =

> http://go.icq.com
> =

> quite a long time and started long before with it when ICQ =

> started to keep the contact adresses on their servers !
> =

> Since begin it's the used ICQ chatting tool !!

[...snip...]

> Well, I better stop here. =

> I hope you can understand my explantation in my
"Swiss-German-English" =

> and with I do not cause some misinterpretations or misunderstandings
;-)

Actually, yes this was very helpful. It gives me a much better view of
the
pros and cons of the ICQ2go client. Just one last thing. I'm
wondering how
much what you've noticed is due to the specific Java version you're
using.
Which one is it, 1.1.8, 1.3.x or 1.4.x. Thank you.

> Have a nice weekend and cheers
> svobi

-Rocky

Return to [ 25 | August | 2003 ]