Return to [ 06 | December | 2003 ]

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:28:58 PST8
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Subdirectory does not appear in WPS drives listing

In <3FD264E1.9050807@san.rr.com>, on 12/06/03
at 03:23 PM, Tom Brown said:

>Your reply tickled my brain, and I found the problem & fixed it. I had
>renamed the subdirectory in a command line session, but the WPS still
>had the old name.

I actually consider this a feature and often make use of it. One way is
the give PDFs descriptive titles, while retaining the orginal name. This
way I can create shadows of the File Object rather than having to create
Program Objects for each PDF.

>I had the mistaken impression that renaming a
>subdirectory via the command line would be reflected in the WPS, but
>apparently not.

If you use:

eautil filename nul /s

after the rename to delete the EAs, the WPS will pick up the new name.

>No. Probably should do that. Xworkplace keeps popping up a window at
>boot time asking whether I want to run the Panic thingy.

:-)

>I can't recall
>whether checkini gives me the same problem. Unimaint runs it's automatic
>backup regularly. I haven't tried cleaning up the ini files with
>unimaint.

My standard tools are unimaint and cleanini. I run checkini once a month
or so as a cross check. They all fix different things. This includes
XWP's xfix.

Regards,

Steven

Return to [ 06 | December | 2003 ]