Return to [ 09 | February | 2003 ]

Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:32:19 PST8
From: Michael Rakijas <mrakijas@oco.net >
To: scoug-help <scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Peer install problem on eCS

** Reply to message from "Steven Levine" on Mon, 3 Feb
2003 22:01:03 PST8

> In
> <200302032059458.SM01228@dialup-63.209.93.6.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net>,
> on 02/03/03
> at 08:57 PM, Michael Rakijas said:
>
> >IBM OS/2 NETBIOS 4.0
> >Adapter 0 has 73 NCBs, 30 sessions, and 6 names available to NETBIOS
> >applications.
> >NETBIOS 4.0 is loaded and operational.
>
> >but the absence of the \MPTN.MSG notice.
>
> And the absence of the accompanying error.

Okay. I've made some progress but the accompanying error remains. I copied a
IBMLAN.INI from the other eCS machine. I then removed the NETBIOS protocol from
the adapter, rebooted, reattached it to the adapter and rebooted. The entire
contents of the LANTRAN.LOG is now:

LT00073: FFST/2 is installed but is not started. LANTRAN.LOG is being created.
IBM OS/2 LANMSGDD [10/09/00] 6.00 is loaded and operational.
IBM OS/2 LANDD [10/09/00] 6.00.02
IBM OS/2 LANDLLDD 2.01
IBM OS/2 LANDLLDD is loaded and operational.

Vendor=1186,1186 Device=1300,1301 BusNo=00 DeviceNo=68 EtherID=@0050BA5F03E9
Network Line Speed is 100 Mbps / Half_Duplex Mode
Parameters: IOBase = 0x1000
Interrupt Level = 11
IBM OS/2 NETBEUI 6.00.0
NETBEUI: Using a 32-bit data segment.
IBM OS/2 NETBIOS 4.0
Adapter 0 has 223 NCBs, 130 sessions, and 20 names available to NETBIOS
applications.
NETBIOS 4.0 is loaded and operational.
IBM OS/2 LAN Netbind
IBM LANDD is accessing IBM 802.3 LAN Interface.
Adapter 0 was initialized and opened successfully.
Adapter 0 is using node address 0050BA5F03E9. The Token-Ring format is
000A5DFAC097.
IBM LANDD was successfully bound to MAC: DFE530TX_nif->VECTOR.

Now the symptom is as follows. If I try to run NET START REQ or NET START
PEER, I get NETWKSTA.200 requester driver is not installed. If I run
C:\MUGLIB\LOGON.EXE /v:local and try to enter the default username and password,
it says 'access denied' because I am already logged on (even though I am not).
It's not surprising that it did not work, given the former problem but I thought
it might add some diagnostic info. So despite the fact that the MSG error is no
longer there, the problem is not yet solved. Any other ideas? As usual, thanks
in advance.

> Steven

-Rocky

Return to [ 09 | February | 2003 ]