Return to [ 06 | February | 2003 ]

Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:08:11 PST8
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: SCSI Problem

In <3E42ACE8.80315C74@attglobal.net>, on 02/06/03
at 10:50 AM, Harry Chris Motin said:

>Careful, here. On my computer some of the adaptec snooper files,
>contained in the SNOOP.LST file, caused my system to trap on boot up with
>full hardware detection on. I had to "REM" them out of the SNOOP.LST file
>to get full hardware detection to work. Incidently, you REM out the line
>of an offending snooper file by placing a semi-colon at the start of said
>line in SNOOP.LST

We agree, although I could have stated things somewhat better.

The Warp4 snoopers were created long ago for hardware that mostly does not
exist any more. It's easy to understand how they might cause problems
with current hardware. The eCS/MCP snooper list is much shorter.

Long ago, I pruned my Warp4 list to:

resrv.snp
netdet1.snp
ibmkbd.snp
ibm1flpy.snp
ibm1s506.snp
aha154x.snp
aic7870.snp
pcmcia.snp
ir.snp
netdet2.snp
sbcd2.snp
sndblast.snp
pas16.snp
parallel.snp
mouse.snp
serial.snp
pcibus.snp

Looking at it now, this could be pruned even further by deleting:

aha154x.snp
sbcd2.snp
pas16.snp

and possibly also: