Return to [ 25 | January | 2003 ]

Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 19:10:24 PST8
From: Tom Brown <thombrown@san.rr.com >
To: Help Scoug <scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Template mystery - still

Ok, I ran Cleanini, Checkini, and UniMaint. No more .ini file errors. My
ini files went from 3186 to 963 file handles! The system still hangs
when I try to access the Templates directory, however.

Thanks to Svobi and Steven for the education. As Steven pointed out,
Cleanini did NOT delete all those files, but just the extraneous handles.

I forgot to record the ini file sizes before I started the repairs, but
they are now: OS2.INI = 1416348 and OS2SYS.INI = 149307.

Svobi, the ZIP.EXE came with eCS, copies of the latest in several
directories. Also, I am using Checkini V 2.46 which came in the WPTOOL32
package from Hobbes, the latest, I believe.

My disks are set up is as follows, all SCSI:

9.1 GB
Bootmanager
C: Win2K Pro NTFS 3012 MB Pri
F: eCS HPFS 2008 MB Log
E: eCS Maint HPFS 502 MB Log
Freespace 3153 MB

36 GB
G: Apps & data JFS 5002 MB Log
H: empty FAT16 200 MB Log
Freespace 12174 MB Log
K: Data 5004 MB Log
J: Data exch FAT16 1027 MB Log
M: Data HPFS 5002 MB Log
I: Temp JFS 5002 MB Log

2 x 36 GB
D: Multimedia JFS 70 GB Log

All of this came about over the years through various disk acquisitions
and reconfigurations. I have been through the "dual boot" hassles and
don't want more than one C: primary partition. Thanks to eCS and LVM, I
can do what I want to, even though the layout looks a bit wierd!

Any other ideas about the mystery accessing the template directory/folder?
I just tried zipping the whole Template directory structure. Worked just
fine. Access via the WPS kills the system, however.

Thanks again!

--
Tom Brown
thombrown@san.rr.com