Return to [ 25 | January | 2003 ]

Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:16:16 PST8
From: Tom Brown <thombrown@san.rr.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Template mystery - worse than I thought!

Info [at] SYNass.NET wrote:

> Hi Tom
> Have "cleaned / cleared" your INI files with
>
> UniMaint, CheckINI and CeanINI ?
>
> This may help you with eliminating missing or wrong associations !?
> Cheers, svobi

I have tried all three. Checkini first, since that is what I am used to.
The last one (run with only /S) stopped with a message to check the log
file, but instead of ending, the WPS was hung. The mouse would still
move, but nothing else worked. I had to C-A-D. All recent runs of
CHECKINI have ended with the WPS hung in that same manner. I have tried
it with everything else shut down prior to the run.

I tried cleanini without parameters, but from looking at the log file it
created, it was going to delete hundreds of tiles from my hard drive!
Cleanini.log excerpt:

2761 3A29 ? 0 ? FldPos --- F:\OS2\BOOT
765E 2761 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\BOOT\ALTF1.CMD
29AF 2761 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\BOOT\GSVDAEMN.EXE
17AA 2761 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\BOOT\VCU.EXE
9799 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\ZIP.EXE
6761 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\XDFCOPY.EXE
E9FE 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\XCOPY.EXE
66CC 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\WPSYSOBJ.CMD
A7DF 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\WPSINST.CMD
851F 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\WPFIND.CMD
69E6 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\WPDSINIT.EXE
9A82 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\WPDSACTV.EXE
2D26 3A29 file 0 x None del F:\OS2\WPCONST.CMD

Is that what it is proposing to do?

I have had Unimaint for a long time, but never learned how to use it. :-(>
I tried some preliminary poking about, but it hung in several spots,
too. Again, I had to C-A-D.

I hate to say this, but maybe it's time to re-install eCS!

--
Tom Brown
thombrown@san.rr.com

Return to [ 25 | January | 2003 ]