Return to [ 08 | July | 2003 ]

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 05:28:10 PDT7
From: "Info 4 SYNass" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: OT: Pleasure with a very interesting short movie (Honda advt)

Hello SCOG-Help friends
from my wife's girlfriend in the US I got this very interesting mail.
I suggest you read the intro and then enjoy the movie:

> >This is truly amazing....
> >
> >This is worth watching.
> >Please take the time to read the following before clicking on the
link.

> > This is a new Honda commercial in the UK.
> >
> > It's very important that you understand there are no computer
graphics
> > or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in
> > real time exactly as you see it.
> >
> > The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually
> > very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing
> > up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time
> > it was over, they were ready to change professions. The film cost
six
> > million dollars and took three months to complete including a full
> > engineering the sequence.
> >
> > In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film
> > on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any
> > one of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the
> > most downloaded advertisement in internet history. Honda executives
> > figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free" viewings
> > (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).
> >
> > When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it
> > immediately without any hesitation -- including the costs.
> >
> > There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the
> > horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them
> > make the film.
> >
> > Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp,
and
> > complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars. The voiceover
> > is Garrison Keillor.
> >
> > When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and
commented
> > on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their
> > chairs when they found out it was for real.
> >
> > Oh. And about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the
> > windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing
> > their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit
> > weird in the commercial.

With the following link you need a browser higher than Netscape 4.61
for =

OS/2 plus Flash 6 !!!

http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html

The following link does work with Netscape 4.61 for OS/2 but with a
small =

screen solution ! However it works and you get to see the very
interesting =

spot:

http://images.business2.com/images/temp/Honda_120.mpg

Enjoy and cheers, =