Return to [ 07 | June | 2003 ]

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 23:47:11 PDT7
From: waynec@linkline.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: LinkSys Router (settings)

Peter Skye writes:

> waynec@linkline.com wrote:
>>
> snip <
>
> SETLOC.DLL is in the \IBMI18N\ directory tree. My SYSLEVEL.I18 shows
> WR08423 (I'm at WR08425) with a SETLOC1.DLL file date of 10dec1997.
> What do you have?

My setloc1.dll is dated 10/1/98 and shows "WR08610_WR08600_IBM I18N"

> Try some other lookups and see if they also fail -- scoug.com and
> linkline.com for example.

Yep, crashes in setloc1.dll.

>> Perhaps this setloc.dll crash shows
>
> Also check the POPUPLOG.OS2 text file in your root directory. The last
> entry may have some info.

Here's the last entry in popuplog.os2 prior to my doing the nslookups for
scoug and linkline; doesn't mean a thing to me:

06-07-2003 11:46:49 SYS3175 PID 0043 TID 0001 Slot 0050
D:\TCPIP\BIN\NSLOOKUP.EXE
c0000005
1ea9a60b
P1=00000001 P2=00001932 P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00000000 EBX=00330250 ECX=ffffffff EDX=00000001
ESI=00000000 EDI=00001932
DS=0053 DSACC=d0f3 DSLIM=7fffffff
ES=0053 ESACC=d0f3 ESLIM=7fffffff
FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000 GSACC=**** GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1ea9a60b CSACC=d0df CSLIM=7fffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0013ac34 SSACC=d0f3 SSLIM=7fffffff
EBP=0013ac38 FLG=00012286

SETLOC1.DLL 0001:0002a60b

>> I recall once seeing a method of re-installing just
>> the communications portion, but I cannot recall how.
>
> Not sure what you want to reinstall but I'm at UN0980 and WR08425 and
> reinstalling the fixpaks shouldn't hurt anything.

Mine (ibmcom, ibmi18n, and mptn) are at wr08610, except tcpip shows UN00000,
whatever that is. With all the screwing around I did with trying to get
connected to my server (finally found out it was a hardware issue) and with
a misguided attempt to upgrade to a 32-bit stack when in fact I already had
that upgrade on my system, I'm afraid I might have mismatching files (files
of differing levels).

Basically, I want to go back to vanilla ibmcom, ibmi18n, mpts, and tcpip and
upgrade them from there. The fact that I am seeing the problem under Warp
and not under Win95 makes me believe I have a Warp software or software
parameter issue.

At the very end of the initial process of installing Warp from the cdrom,
you are presented with a choice of 5 or 6 communications capabilities to
install, from which I selected Netware Requester and tcpip. Then you are
given a screen that has a large green arrow (I think that's the color) next
to any parts that you need to configure. One is for adapters and protocol
services, and when you click on the arrow, it takes you to the mpts
configuration tool screen where you choose the NIC and protocols you want.
Then the install process grinds away awhile, loading files from the cdrom,
then reboots itslf and loads again for awhile before it completes and you
have a Warp partition.

After that initial install, if you sometime later down the road decide to do
a "selective install", those routines do not, I don't believe, allow you to
select communications capabilities again, only the intitial screen where you
can alter the display, printer, and cdrom types, and the second screen with
the software groupings which you can expand with the "more" button (to the
right of each selection you check off) to further specify items within that
grouping that you do or do not want your system to have. The third screen
with the communications capabilities is not presented to you. I think it
might be prudent to go back and reinstall netware requester and tcpip, so
that I know everything starts at the same base, then use the proven WarpUp
cdrom to upgrade it.
I seem to remember there was a way to make that happen, but I may be wrong.

>> I'd really, really like to find out whether my tcpcfg entries
>> look correct, which was the thrust of my original question...
>>
>> Can anyone tell me that their tcpcfg entries look as sparse
>> as mine (see my original post in this series), or look
>> different, and how???
>
> Mine look similar to yours. I'm not doing any Routing.

OK, sounds like your's is also similar to Harry's. I have updated my LinkSys
router with my ISP's new dns addresses since my last post, too. problem is
still there.

Thanks,
Wayne

Return to [ 07 | June | 2003 ]