Return to [ 04 | June | 2003 ]

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:24:52 PDT7
From: waynec@linkline.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Need Netware requester setup help

204
This is a MIME-formatted message. If you see this text it means that your
mail software cannot handle MIME-formatted messages.
--=_0_50051_1054776297
Steven Levine writes:
> snip <
>
> 32-bit?
Yes, sorry I mispoke. In retrospect, I may already have previously installed
that as part of the WarpUp cdrom fixes, and applied it again recently, but
I'm just not sure.
In fact, I've been trying for the past two days to create a new Warp from
scratch and update it to fp15 level just to get the ibmcom, mptn, and tcpip
folders and to see what config.sys statements get generated by the
configuration tools, thinking that I could transfer those folders and
statements to my P2 to see if that would help. So far I haven't been
successful, for a variety of reasons and roadblocks related to my tailored
install diskettes and the later ide drivers ... I'm still trying.

>>net.cfg
>>protocol.ini
>>setup.cmd
>>tcpstart.cmd
>>mptstart.cmd
>
> You'll need to post copies of these, along with config.sys. I prefer
> attachments to in-line pasting. The list will accept attachments.
I'll try to attach them... not used to doing that on this ISP email setup,
so bear with me if they don't come through the first try.

>>I've compared the configurator entries between the two machines and they
>>look the same to me (just different NIC's and hostnames).
>
> You may yet have a hardware problem.
Yes, except that I've screwed around with the software so much that I may
have it bolloxed up.

> Do you have a pure Netware server or are you running the Netware Server
> for OS/2?

It's a dedicated 3.12 pure server, running on an old, but very reliable PS/2
mod 65sx.
Wayne
--=_0_50051_1054776297
@ECHO OFF
IF NOT EXIST D:\MPTN\BIN\SETUP.CMD GOTO NBSETUP
INETWAIT 1>NUL
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO END
CALL D:\MPTN\BIN\SETUP.CMD
:NBSETUP
IF NOT EXIST D:\MPTN\BIN\NBSETUP.CMD GOTO END
CALL D:\MPTN\BIN\NBSETUP.CMD
:END
--=_0_50051_1054776297
[PROT_MAN]
DRIVERNAME = PROTMAN$
[IBMLXCFG]
landd_nif = landd.nif
odi2ndi_nif = odi2ndi.nif
tcpip_nif = tcpip.nif
IBMEANDI_nif = ibmeandi.nif
[landd_nif]
DriverName = LANDD$
Bindings = IBMEANDI_nif
ETHERAND_TYPE = "I"
SYSTEM_KEY = 0x0
OPEN_OPTIONS = 0x2000
TRACE = 0x0
LINKS = 8
MAX_SAPS = 3
MAX_G_SAPS = 0
USERS = 3
TI_TICK_G1 = 255
T1_TICK_G1 = 15
T2_TICK_G1 = 3
TI_TICK_G2 = 255
T1_TICK_G2 = 25
T2_TICK_G2 = 10
IPACKETS = 250
UIPACKETS = 100
MAXTRANSMITS = 6
MINTRANSMITS = 2
TCBS = 64
GDTS = 30
ELEMENTS = 800
NETFLAGS = 0x0
[odi2ndi_nif]
DriverName = odi2ndi$
Bindings = IBMEANDI_nif
NETADDRESS = "0000C05EF08D"
TOKEN-RING = "no"
TOKEN-RING_SNAP = "no"
ETHERNET_802.2 = "yes"
ETHERNET_802.3 = "yes"
ETHERNET_II = "no"
ETHERNET_SNAP = "no"
TRACE = 0x0
[tcpip_nif]
DriverName = TCPIP$
Bindings = IBMEANDI_nif
[IBMEANDI_nif]
DriverName = IBMEAN$
RXBUFFERS = 4
TXBUFFERS = 4
LED0 = 0xC0
LED1 = 0xB0
LED2 = 0x180
BUSTYPE = "PCI2"
FDUP = "OFF"
--=_0_50051_1054776297
route -fh
REM ifconfig lan0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
REM ifconfig lan1
REM ifconfig lan2
REM ifconfig lan3
REM ifconfig lan4
REM ifconfig lan5
REM ifconfig lan6
REM ifconfig lan7
dhcpstrt -i lan0
REM ifconfig sl0
route add net 192.168 192.168.1.1 1
ipgate on
--=_0_50051_1054776297
@echo off
echo CONFIGURING TCP/IP .....
echo See if install cleanup needed.
D:\TCPIP\BIN\TCPCOEX.EXE
IF EXIST D:\TCPIP\BIN\B4TCP.CMD CALL D:\TCPIP\BIN\B4TCP.CMD
echo ..... FINISHED CONFIGURING TCP/IP
echo Make current connection LAN only.
IF EXIST D:\TCPIP\BIN\TOGGLE.EXE D:\TCPIP\BIN\TOGGLE.EXE
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :DONESERVERS
REM
echo STARTING THE TCP/IP PROCESSES .....
REM start inetd
REM echo ..... INET Daemon Started
REM start telnetd
REM echo ..... TELNET Daemon Started
REM start ftpd
REM echo ..... FTP Daemon Started
REM start tftpd
REM echo ..... TFTP Daemon Started
REM start rexecd
REM echo ..... REXEC Daemon Started
REM start rshd
REM echo ..... RSH Daemon Started
REM start lpd
REM echo ..... LP Daemon Started
REM start routed -q
REM echo ..... ROUTED Started
REM start /c xinit.cmd -nocopyright
REM echo ..... X System Server Started
REM start talkd
REM echo ..... TALK Daemon Started
REM start portmap
REM echo ..... Portmapper Started
REM start nfsd
REM echo ..... Network File System Server Started
REM nfsstart.exe
REM echo ..... Network File System Client Started
REM start sendmail -bd -q30m -CD:\MPTN\ETC\sendmail.uml
REM echo ..... SENDMAIL Started
REM start lprportd
REM echo ..... LPRPORTD Started
REM echo ..... FINISHED STARTING THE TCP/IP PROCESSES
:DONESERVERS
IF EXIST D:\TCPIP\BIN\TCPEXIT.CMD CALL D:\TCPIP\BIN\TCPEXIT.CMD
echo ..... EXITING TCPSTART.CMD .....
--=_0_50051_1054776297--

Return to [ 04 | June | 2003 ]