Return to [ 13 | June | 2003 ]

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:31:54 PDT7
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: LinkSys Router (settings)

In <20030613034257.17354.qmail@courtney.linkline.com>, on 06/12/03
at 08:42 PM, waynec@linkline.com said:

>Finding that "Selective Install for Networking" object would be a big
>help.

You either lost it or never installed it. :-)

IIRC, you can get the folder back with Selective Install. Click on Next
until you get to the page listing Optional System Utilities. Check it.
Click on More and select Installation Utilities.

If that fails, just run \ibminst\npconfig.exe from either the hard drive
or the Warp4 CD.

>What do you think I've been trying to do for the last three weeks?

Don't ask. :-)

>For instance, I sent out several iptrace
>listings of my "not able to find www.abcde.com" problem, including one
>to you

That may well be true, but I sure can't find them, so you need to resend
them. The last correspondence I have on your abcde problem was regarding
nslookup traps.

>I asked point blank (several times in my
>prior posts over the past days) how I could re-install those folders to

Keep in mind that while you may be frustrated by your inability to resolve
your problems, the folks on this list are busy as times and the help is
given for free.

>What "process"??? If you've got one, I sure wish you'd share it with me,

I did. It's the same process we used to get working boot diskettes for
you AMD box.

>computer, and fixed on the other. I'm STILL struggling! (except today I

I guess I'll say it again. I don't know how to fix struggle. If you
provide an explanation of the failure that I can understand, I or someone
else can usually provide a solution. However, until we understand your
explanation of the problem, solutions are unlikely.

>diskette's config.sys), AND with an fdisk that sees the entire ide
>drive, AND the scsi drive. I still haven't successfully created a set
>that does ALL of that.

For which system? Again you are not being clear. We have, so far, worked
with you an at least 3 different systems. You may know which system you
are talking about and exactly what you think you have on the diskettes and
in config.sys. I can only guess and I tend to be a bad guesser.

>had no communications folders on it at all... go figure! (my guess... it
>altered the corresponding folders on a different partition, or didn't

Like I said, I'm a bad guesser.

>apparently insists on it being very close to the beginning of the drive,

Again insufficient information. Define close. Warp4 can only boot from
partitions located in the first 1024 logical cylinders.

>even though it is a logical partition). Side note: I also learned fdisk
>apparently sees an ntfs partition as if it were an hpfs partition. As I

That's expected. MS decided to use the same partition type code for NTFS.

>it IS my opinion that Warp is no longer viable for new installs, but

:-)

Steven

Return to [ 13 | June | 2003 ]