Return to [ 26 | March | 2003 ]

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:38:31 PST8
From: Peter Skye <pskye@peterskye.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Zilla installer objects ?

> >Poor Peter!
>
> True enough. He's taken on a thankless task.
> If he wasn't laughing, he would be crying.

Gee, I just got back from the Court Clerk's office and found I now have
a support group. Thanks, guys.

> Most folks would be losing their
> hair over something like this

If you're losing your mind, why worry about the hair?

> although his hair just seems to be getting longer.

No time for a hair cut. Well, The Duck came in with the propane welding
torch and offered one, but . . .

As for the inlaws: We have a joint meeting with the Parole + Probation
people tomorrow to see if we can get one of them out of the slammer.
Another is about to go in; the judge took last weeks' motion and
sentencing "under advisement" which means he needs his law clerk to
research the whole thing some more ("This person did WHAT? I've never
seen ANYONE do that before!!!"). We're still trying to keep the DA from
filing on a third one for three assaults from last year, they are
"holding the case" even though the sheriff made good arrests. The
fourth one looks like it's a goodluck pass because although the cops
found baggies in the car it was being driven by a friend when it was
stopped and there are enough legal issues where they can't say whose
baggies they were -- this one is smart enough, having already served
time for grand theft auto, to know never to let one's fingerprints get
on something that might be checked later. Speaking of grand theft auto,
the recent "indiscretion" was neatly solved by buying the car, the owner
was thrilled with the price he got -- no victim, no case. And the bank
fraud case has been dropped because the bank misplaced their file. As
for the multiple bankruptcy filings, we're still in the middle of all of
that. The theft of the family trust funds has gotten messier because
there is tax fraud liability on both sides. Oh, and the separate issue
of theft of legal trust funds is still in limbo. We had some houses
lost due to the financial situation and some of them still have to find
permanent living accomodations. We had one of them just give up last
January, one of the others tried but was unsuccessful. Trust funds seem
to be especially popular targets -- a few years ago one of them ran off
with 100G from the family trust fund and we ended up writing it off to
the IRS as "theft" (which you can do).

I'm thinking about opening an Attorney Referral Service so I can at
least get 10% back.

Ain't inlaws wonderful?

- Peter

Return to [ 26 | March | 2003 ]