Return to [ 16 | March | 2003 ]

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:16:37 PST8
From: jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: LexMark problem

Mark,

Thank you. This is the test I have been running.

When I ran it after reading your post, the printer:

1. Did not print the black text with which the test page starts 2. Printed
all of the nozzle test vertical bars and angled lines (before and after
the three sets of colored lines) and three sets of blue, cyan, and yellow
lines. 3. Did not print the black nozzle test vertical bars and angled
lines before the three wide black lines, the three black bars, and the
black nozzle test vertical bars and angled lines after the three wide
black bars.

How do you interpret these results? Black cartridge installed improperly?
I have changed both the black and color cartridges many times without any
problems like this.

One point, I have noticed that cleaning the nozzles of the last two
cartridges as recommended by Lexmark, and even with very hot water as
suggested by one help person, does not leave nearly as much black on the
cleaning cloth as I had noticed when cleaning previous cartridges.

The cartridge page showed the blue ink getting low just before it started
printing partial lines on the nozzle clean test page and I replaced it
last week.. The black cartridge on that page, however, indicated that
there was plenty of ink in the cartridge when it started to print with
horizontal gaps in lines of text. That was the reason I replaced it.

Maybe all this will give you, Steven, or someone else an idea what my
problem is.

Jack

In <104778790601@host2a.generalbroadband.com>, on 03/15/2003
at 08:11 PM, "Mark Abramowitz" said:

>In , on 03/15/03
> at 07:37 PM, "Steven Levine" said:

>>It's a shame you can't find out how to do a self-test from the printer
>>front panel.

>Here are the instructions for doing a self-test:

>http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-bin/kbsearch/fwd.cgi?SKIN=&feature=&dockey=23988&session=23621215&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.lexmark.com%2Finfatlib.nsf%2F3fd4dd6861c3352585256a4e0051a3d7%2Fe0cfe7fa15ec0f9385256658006b28f7&ccs=229:1:0:64:0:0&query=self%20test

>It's in the manual, too, but I don'have mine handy.

>And I think that the manual says that they support OS/2 Warp, if someone
>wants to argue with tech support...

Return to [ 16 | March | 2003 ]