Return to [ 05 | May | 2003 ]

Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:03:43 PDT7
From: "Gary Wong" <gary.wong@sbcglobal.net >
To: < "scoug-help@scoug.com" > scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: ThinkPad T20 freezes/locks up

Yeah, I should've, but I didn't get out of church until 1:30, then I got lunch, and then
downloaded the drive fitness test utility from the IBM website and extracted it to
diskette. By then it was 3 PM or so and I hadn't even changed clothes :(

When you say "restore the settings", do you mean tell BM which OS to boot by default,
or what?

On Mon, 5 May 2003 19:40:10 PDT7, Steven Levine wrote:

>If you are responding to someone asking for help who
>may not be a member of this list, be sure to use the
>REPLY TO ALL feature of your email program.
>
>In , on
05/05/03
> at 04:48 PM, GARY.WONG@sbcglobal.net said:
>
>>Can you give me instructions on how to do these? I'm
>>not as comfortable with LVM as I was with FDISK.
>
>Use the VIO version of LVM. It looks and runs like FDISK.
>
>From the command line:
>
> LVM /NEWMBR
>
>with refreshed the MBR.
>
>With LVM in logical view, use the menus the delete BM, just like with
>FDISK. Save and exit and BM will be gone. Restart LVM and reinstall BM,
>just like you would with FDISK.
>
>>OTOH, I called Jerry R. and he will loan me a spare
>>drive along with a copy of eCS 1.1 in "demo" mode and
>>I'll try that to see if it really is the drive or
>>something else. If that don't work then I'll come to
>>NOCCC on June 1.
>
>OK. You could have had me all day yesterday. No one else showed up.
>
>Steven
>

>--
>"Steven Levine" MR2/ICE 2.37 #10183
Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4