Return to [ 01 | October | 2003 ]

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:11:11 PDT7
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: OMNI printer driver problem

In <200310010629.2372648.6@scoug.com>, on 10/01/03
at 06:29 AM, "Dr. Jeffrey Race" said:

>Steve's surmise is correct. The Epson C61 printer object is output to
>LPT2. No matter how many times I click LPT1 and close, it is always
>LPT2 when I reopen it. What to do?

A couple of options come to mind.

Make sure that the LPT1 port is configured as shared.

As you might recall, I considered the directory you chose as a working
directory for the install a protential problem. \OS2\DLL\OMNI is reserved
for the OMNI drivers. I suggest you shred all your existing printer
objects and use:

<http://www.cds-inc.com/pub/pmfax/prndrv.exe>

to clean up anything the WPS misses. Then delete everything from
\OS2\DLL\OMNI. Then reinstall the EPOMNI drivers choosing a better
working directory to hold the installation files.

Test the printer, if I works, recreate any other printer objects your had
to shred.

HTH,

Steven

Return to [ 01 | October | 2003 ]