Return to [ 26 | October | 2003 ]

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:43:21 PDT7
From: Ray Davison <raydav@charter.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: PKLite

Peter Skye wrote:

>>Programs compressed with PKLite for DOS can be expanded with:
>>
>>CAUNLITE.EXE 17,376 1-01-93
>>DISLITE .DOC 19,337 4-14-92
>>DISLITE .EXE 17,358 4-14-92
>

> Can you send them to me privately? I'm really curious what's inside
> SYS.COM.

Below is probably more than you want to know. Would you like a copy of
PKLite and the entire doc?

Ray

-x Expand a Compressed File

This option will expand any files you have compressed with
PKLITE. When you use this option, the file will be returned to
its original size. You can rename and/or relocate a file when
you expand it by using the [[d:][path] Outfile] option on the
command line.

C:\> PKLITE -x FILE.EXE A:

In the example shown above, the compressed file FILE.EXE will be
expanded and the expanded file will be located on the A: drive.

After a compressed file is expanded, PKLITE will display several
important facts. PKLITE will list the name of the compressed
file, original (compressed) size of the file, and the expanded
size of the file. The output file and location will also be
listed if appropriate. An example is shown below.

C:\> PKLITE -x FILE1.EXE FILE2

Expanding: FILE1.EXE into file FILE2.EXE
Original Size: 12299 Expanded Size: 18466

NOTE: The expand option can be used with the following options:

-b Create Backup file
-o Overwrite option
-u Update time/date

When the -x option is used with the -b option, a backup of the
compressed version of the file will be created with a .BAK
extension.

When the -x option is used with the -o option, PKLITE will
overwrite any same-named files without prompting you for
confirmation.

You can also use the -x option along with the -u Update option to
update to the current time and date when expanding a file. (If
you used the -u Update time/date option when you compressed the
program, then when you expand it, it will retain the new time and
date. The time/date does not return to the original value.)

Return to [ 26 | October | 2003 ]