Return to [ 13 | October | 2003 ]

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:08:32 PDT7
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Netscape 4.61 problem

In <200310122315.4839726.6@scoug.com>, on 10/12/03
at 11:15 PM, jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net said:

>I checked settings--advanced. Web browser and ftp client are same and
>corrrect: h:\ns461\program\netscape.exe.

This should work for when yor RMB -> Web Browser on a URL in a message
window.

>I also checked mime associations. Mime type is text/plain.

That's only the first of many. Notice that there's a little drop down
arrow on the right. What are your settings for application/html and
text/html?

>10-12-2003 02:17:35 SYS3175 PID 002a TID 0001 Slot 0062
>H:\NS461\PROGRAM\NETSCAPE.EXE
>c0000005
>1d7a9b03
>P1=00000001 P2=00000000 P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX
>EAX=0126c6e0 EBX=0126c6e0 ECX=00000000 EDX=00000000
>ESI=00000001 EDI=0126c6e0
>DS=0053 DSACC=d0f3 DSLIM=3fffffff
>ES=0053 ESACC=d0f3 ESLIM=3fffffff
>FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030
>GS=3663 GSACC=10f3 GSLIM=00003fff
>CS:EIP=005b:1d7a9b03 CSACC=d0df CSLIM=3fffffff
>SS:ESP=0053:007c6710 SSACC=d0f3 SSLIM=3fffffff
>EBP=007c6724 FLG=00012213

>MOZILLA.DLL 0001:00009b03

>Does this information enable you to say anything more about this event
>than you said before?

Not really. NS is old and relatively buggy. I have the 6/2001 version
installed for the few times I use it. There's some newer testcase
versions floating around.

>There were some popups that were related to mr2ice, but let me wait until
>I get one because I don't know if they occurred after the switch from
>mr2ice to ns461.

You need to correlate the timestamps.

HTH,

Steven