Return to [ 06 | September | 2003 ]

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 11:24:02 PDT7
From: "Info 4 SYNass" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: massive overkill on quoting

Hi Jordan
You are welcome and you are right in your intentions and I would fully
agree ;-)

I cannot and do not count the the previous quotes ie. if I am the the
last one replying:
Why shall I erase all / some previous valued responses from others ???
It's not my obligation nor my right to delete appreciated previous
answers and input !!!

By its principle "quote above text" does not need any scrolling, right
!?
One just needs to read from "top to toe" as needed, right !?
Where is the prblem here ? None !?

With digest mode it's quite different !!!
One will get the whole sequence of course and of all the messages of
this day =

and so I do fully agree here with your intervention ;-)

On the other hand I do not belive that I am creating 30 screens long
digests !
I assume you need to check this long digest once again to find that's
not =

all my stuff !

How and what can and shall I do ???

Have a nice weekend ;-)
svobi

PS: I may being guilty in some longer posts because of my =

weak English (not my native language) !? Sometimes I need =

more sentences to explain something correct ...
=2E.. where you, with perfect wording, only need ONE sentence ;-)
Sorry ;-(

=

jr_fox@pacbell.net on 06.09.2003 18.12.06
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

Hi Svobi,
I am truly glad that you are a regular contributor here, but I just
saw a post from you (in the Thursday Digest edition, so it would have
been from Wed. 9/3), that had like 30 screens worth (!!) of quoted
material. I mean, there are novels that don't run that long. This
full-text quoting seems to be standard operating procedure for you,
probably automatic. Maybe it's just me (is it ?), but I would really
appreciate it if you could just quote whatever is critical info, or
necessary for providing context on a reply. I think we would have all
seen the quoted text the first time, so a full recap is highly
redundant, and makes for a *tremendous* amount of scrolling.

Thanks, Jordan

Return to [ 06 | September | 2003 ]