Return to [ 15 | April | 2004 ]

Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:30:19 PDT7
From: "i-lists" <i-lists@synass.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: WIN-OS/2 v 1.25 or 1.3 !? / was Quite a day

jbrush's question regarding Freecell and WIN-OS/2 v 1.25 confuses me !

I got Freecell installed when I tried to patch W32S v 1.30V !!

Since then I have a working Freecell but some productive apps cause =

(capital) errors under WIN-OS/2 ;-(

Well, the only positive focus with Freecell running is, W32S v 1.30
seems =

installed but the value is nonsense ;-((

I rather had left WIN-OS/2 on v 1.25 and have proper working productive =

apps than that Freecell gimmick ;-(((

Unfortunately I am unable to revert ;...-|

Have a nice weekend, svob=EF
=

=

jr_fox@pacbell.net on 16/04/2004 04:38:25
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

Subject: SCOUG-Help: Quite a day

jbrush@aros.net wrote:

> Does anyone here have freecell working under WinOS2 v1.25. The
installation
> command file offers to install freecell after copying the files, but
on my
> machine, I get errors after it is installed, and there is some
consideration
> that freecell only works in v1.3.

In the waning days of Warp 3, that (jerry-rig retrofit) often came up
as a hot
project. I never went to the trouble of actually doing it. I have
played quite a
bit of FreeCell on other peoples Winboxes. (The best MS FreeCell
iteration was the
one in W98, which could go fullscreen.) This may not be what you want
to hear, but
I would suggest that you check out SeaHaven Towers for OS/2. It is an
*intelligent*
version of FreeCell, by far the best I've ever played on any platform. =

(And I'm
something of a FreeCell addict.) I wrote a column on it a while back,
which you
should be able to find on the SCOUG website. Once you try this, you
may lose all
interest in the MS versions.

Then again, if you are pursuing the WinOS2 thing as a challenge and a
specific setup
demonstration, that would be another matter. I could understand that.

Jordan

---
>>> Say NO to H T M L in Mail and News <<<
>>> A G A I N S T T E R R O R & W A R <<<=