Return to [ 16 | April | 2004 ]

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:20:18 PDT7
From: "i-lists" <i-lists@synass.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Quite a day

Hi John and everybody interested
YES, sometimes this IT / PC stuff is more troublesome than one wants ;-(

My MCP 452 on the new T30 looks like I wanted but something inside =

the OS is silent rumouring unwanted ;-(( it seems that I soon need to =

reinstall from scratch !?

;-(((

Especially with Alpha, Beta things under early development, just like
ODIN =

too, I do really hesitate to use !

If I would use i.e ODIN or something else with frequent changes and
updates =

of releases one should use a directory structure like me:

X:\OS2\ODIN\40101 for January 1st, 2004 version
X:\OS2\ODIN\40202 for February 2nd, 2004 version
X:\OS2\ODIN\40303 for March 3rd, 2004 version and =

I am always leaving the previous one or two version alive to have a
fallback !

Another important habit to change to a new version I am doing is like
following:

Currently most accurate may be the March version.
Preparing for the more accurate April version I do rename the March
directory =

into 40404 and then do copy it back to 40303 !!!
The April version will then go into 40404 !

Like this al the object associations are kept.

Well, there may be another danger:
Any files overriding the files i.e. in the x.OS/DLL will cause
problems, of course !
Therefor a system backup is always recomended !!

Hope my 2 cents give you any help for your future activities ;-)
Have a nice weekend, svob=EF

=

jbrush@aros.net on 16/04/2004 03:33:24
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

So far, I have manged to lose my winos2 setup and also screwup ODIN.
Not a great
day of progress. =

Not long ago, I mentioned that Delorme Street Atlas worked via ODIN,
and now I
have to retract that statement, as an attempt to try out the latest
build has
broken something, somewhere. =

I backed up the ODIN directory, and then uninstalled it via Warpin, as
I was
using the last warpin file from Nov03. Then I unzipped the latest daily
build,
and nothing that used to work, now functions. =

I deleted the ODIN directory again, and reinstalled the 'working'
warpin files,
but there must be more to it than that, because now nothing works with
ODIN
anymore. True, its not mission critical, but I certainly have little
faith in
it anymore, as the few things I was using now require me to boot W2K
again.

I guess the stupid question is, what happened to the warpin install
files, and
did I miss something when trying to backup/restore/eliminate and start
over with
ODIN?

Since no one in my house cares, :) I chose to speak out here. Thanks for
listening. Sometimes this just gets to be too much trouble. =

Does anyone here have freecell working under WinOS2 v1.25. The
installation
command file offers to install freecell after copying the files, but on
my
machine, I get errors after it is installed, and there is some
consideration
that freecell only works in v1.3. =

I would just like to confirm this one way or the other. Something ought
to go
right today, if I wait long enough

Thanks, John

---