Return to [ 28 | August | 2004 ]

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:26:15 PDT7
From: "Don{ald} O. Woodall" <dlswoodall@sbcglobal.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Making the ISO file

In , on 08/28/2004
at 08:00 PM, "Steven Levine" said:

Steven

>> I am afraid that without an example, that does not say anything
>>meaningful to me. :^(

I think your examples have finally, indirectly gotten through to me.

I was originally thinking in terms of one path-list files containing
ALL the different paths and wondering how in the
world the correct path is going to get cross referenced to the proper
switch.

Now I have concluded: each switch has its own unique
path-list file which only contains one path. Am I home yet?

I had also concluded that each path-list file was bracketed by
percent signs. ???

>This is a valid pathspec:

> m:/

>When you are not using graft-points, a pathspec is for your purposed
>equivalent to a file or directory name.

>> OK, what is a graft-point?

>graft points are a way of making the location of files and directory on
>the ISO differ from the what they are on the source. Here's a sample
>from one my my path-list files:

>btm/=c:/BTM
>bin/=c:/BIN
>bin2/=d:/bin2
>brief/=c:/brief
>brief/bin/b.exe=c:/bin/b.exe
>brief/bin/cb.exe=c:/bin/cb.exe
>brief/bin/cm.exe=c:/bin/cm.exe
>cdrecord/=d:/MMedia/CDRecord

>The left side the the location on CD. The right side is the source
>location.

Oh, OK. I believe that I have things configured so that I do not
need to use graft-points. Everything I want in the ISO file is in Drive
M: in the order I want them in the ISO file.

>> A file name is an environment variable?

>No. You enclosed your ISO file name in %'s for some reason.

Pure ignorance and guess work.

>In my
>original sample %ISOFILE% is really an environment variable that gets set
>to the ISO file name. This allows me to use the same commands for
>different ISOs.

>> I was trying to add a path and log file name to the
>>end of the command.

>I didn't see a path at the end of the command line, so I added one based
>on your description. I dropped the redirection for the log files to
>avoid the clutter. You already know how to do this.

>HTH,

>Steven

Thanks

--
This message was sent to you by: Don(ald) O. Woodall
Shooting electrons at you from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

Return to [ 28 | August | 2004 ]