Return to [ 29 | February | 2004 ]

Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:27:15 PST8
From: "i-lists" <i-lists@synass.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Are we still alive?

Hi Peter
You are lucky man, I am a free man and if you book and pay =

my flight and get accomodation and food I can show up and =

work for free but for at 8 on Monday it is to late ;-)))

Would love such an opportunity and to meet you folks ;-))

Would also love to meet California and the Pacific Coast and =

the Serpentine in SF ;-)

Well, I will quote into your text below:
=

=

pskye@peterskye.com on 29/02/2004 08:30:15
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

i-lists wrote:
>> =

>> Hi Peter
>
>Hiya, Svobi, what's up?
>
>> I just changed back from my aircraft-thundering-server-system
>
>How much electricity did that thing draw?

2 x Server PSU each 420W
8 x Server Case fans

4 x IDE HDD in SSi frames with fans

2 x SCSI HDD in SSi frames with fans
1 x SCSI CD-Changer / 5 CD-'s =

1 x SCSI MO unit
1 x SCSI Tape Streamer

1 x FDD

I never counted the power the thig draws ...
=2E.. but I noticed the noice the thing draws =

however being (well compensated) hearing handicapped =

with a lost of ca 2/3 and with the hearing aid only =

limited to 500-5500Hz !!!

>> Well, the change from C: to D: ...
>> ... I would not have done this ;-|
>
>You're hired. Show up at 8 on Monday. :)))

OK, see my first lines ;-)))

>> Have you checked for (wrong) pointers with UniMaint ???
>
>I'm a hundred miles away from the server and I only talk to it via
>Telnet (command line). I don't have remote GUI control at this time.

Here I would suggest NetOP !
http://www.crossteccorp.com/netopremote/MorePlatforms.htm#os2

>Exactly which UniMaint tests are you recommending? A lot of the server
>stuff doesn't use the OS2*.INI files.

YES, that's a hard work !
One needs to check every entry to meet any mismatches of the =

changed partitions !!

>> Another help would be ConfigTool !?
>
>Hmm. I probably should install that on the server. Good idea.

My CONFIG.SYS checks and controls are done with Rick Meighs old =

ConfigINFO "PLUS" ConfigTools 1.3.0 because of different displays.
ConfigINFO, with quite accurate DAT files, i.e shows missing =

pathes (from CONFIG.SYS) straightaway and convenient visible.

BTW: Why haven't you adjusted and modified your HDD's =

with either DFSee, or perhaps Partitionmagic ???
=

>> Well, my ISP and its telecommunication company (Swisscom)
>> just upgraded ADSL to some higher and more accurate
>> transmission levels a week ago ... when it works it
>> really runs from previous 512 to now 2400 ;-)
>
>That's half a T2 (or half an E2 on your side of the Atlantic). Man,
>those KaZaA downloaders could _really_ chew up some tunes on your line.

2400kbs is only the private subscribers max speed !

>> Have a nice, and hornblowing-less, weekend
>
>Mr. Hornblower wants tons of people to visit his Rescue-Europe site.

POOH, not me ;-)

>> PS - I think you know too: Captain Hornblower is
>> a adventurous figure in books. See this link:
>
>Hey, thanks, I didn't know. From your link, it's a series of books
that
>C.S. Forester [lurkers: he wrote The African Queen] wrote beginning in
>1937. And Gregory Peck starred in the 1951 movie. Ain't Google grand!

They were phantastic stories for young folks ...
=2E.. in 1937 I was not even born and 1951 sweet 6 years old ;-)
Now it is very near to 10 times of 6 ;-))
Hehehe ... ;-)))

Return to [ 29 | February | 2004 ]