Return to [ 17 | February | 2004 ]

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:07:52 PST8
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Mozilla trap

In <200402160033.2232377.7@scoug.com>, on 02/16/04
at 12:33 AM, jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net said:

>overwrote the files on an old one. Maybe that is why the Steven's
>extract trap dump script resulted in "Exception in device driver" data is
>all X's, but I don't think so. I suspect they mean that the trap was not
>initiated by a device driver.

None of the above. You are running an old kernel which is not 100%
reliable when it comes to dereferencing the trap address to a module.

That said, applications don't cause kernel traps. What they do is expose
defects in the kernel that result in traps.

>Internal revision 14.062_W4

You might consider trying a newer kernel.

>SS:ESP=0053:0013dfa4 SSACC=d0f3 SSLIM=3fffffff
>EBP=0013dfc0 FLG=00012216

>LIBC04.DLL

You might also consider upgrading to Mozilla 1.6 and make sure you have
the correct version of the gcc runtime.

>C:\OS2\help\_cache0.db
>gG:\mozilla\\\\cache.trash\trash\cache\_cache_001_ and _cache002_ and
>_cache003_

THis is pretty much expected. The cache files are always open wen Moz is
running. The probability that a kernel trap will not corrupt these file
is near 0.

>Is what I am experiencing a bug in Mozilla or is it related to my cache
>setup--which is as it was when I installed Mozilla.?

More likely its related to the kernel/device driver combo you are running.
Mozilla works the system pretty hard, so it will expose kernel problem
better than some other apps.

Regards,

Steven

Return to [ 17 | February | 2004 ]