Return to [ 03 | February | 2004 ]

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:59:04 PST8
From: Steve Carter <scarter@vcnet.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Xerox C-20

This printer uses the same cartridges as the Lexmark Optra 45,
which it is. They're a little pricey, but not that hard to find,
just hard to find cheaply. Here's a small compilation of cartridge
numbers that seem to work from a few years ago. I buy the Lexmark
series these days, 'cause I can recognize the model numbers when
I see 'em....

To use non-Xerox branded cartridges you MUST remove the little
plastic keys on the cartridge carrier. Needle-nose pliers worked
well for me....

--------------------------
To print the status page (such as it is):
Tests Menu ==> Print Menus & voila'!

Hard to believe I've printed only 623 pages in all these years!
I guess the laser printer gets almost all the work now.
"B" size (tabloid) printing was a lifesaver for the architect's
drawings. I still like this printer a lot! You can have it only
AFTER I'm gone, but not before.

-- Steve

++++++++++++++++++
On 2/3/04, J.R. Fox wrote, in part:
>This is more for Steve Carter, since I know he has this printer also.
>I just put mine back into the rotation, after a long absence.
>Too long, it turns out, as (at least) one of the print cartridges
>has dried out. Generic replacements for this cartridge are very
>hard to find, and I had to go to the Pomona show to find one.
>
>There is something I've forgotten: this model has no OFF switch (like
>some of the LexMarks), correct ? I can't see any, and neither the
>printed manual nor the .PDF seems to show one. But I sort of remember
>being able to turn it Off, short of pulling the plug . . . .
>
>Also, I can't recall how you print out the Status Report, which shows
>everything that's installed (like mem.), an estimate of remaining ink, etc.
>No obvious keywords in the Index references this. >Jordan

Return to [ 03 | February | 2004 ]