Return to [ 15 | February | 2004 ]

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:00:04 PST8
From: "i-lists" <i-lists@synass.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Do we have a Lotus Notes guru ?

Hello everybody, =

if we have a Lotus Notes guru I would like her / his guidance and
support !

=46rom time to time I getting pointed to a time(zone) difference with my
e-mails !!
I have tried so many times with some special guides ie O'Reilly's
Domino/
Notes in a Nutshell and couldn't find my mistaken setting ;-(

Some days ago I gon one more pointing to this mistake from Peter with
some =

more detailled information. However, with all these info am still
unable to =

discover my mistake ;-((

1) My timezone setting (Switzerland) is done with DSTswitch and looks
like:

REM *** This TZ string is maintained by DSTswitch. Do not change
manually! ***
SET TZ=3DCET-1CDT,3,-1,0,10800,10,-1,0,10800,3600

2) My Notes.INI, just the DST / timezone settings, look like following:

Allow_OS_Time_Zone_Change=3D1
DST=3D1
Timezone=3D-1

Where do I need to change my settings and what is the mistake I =

overlooked ???

Thanks in advance for your guidance and support
svobi
=

pskye@peterskye.com on 12/02/2004 19:12:01
To: svobi@synass.net
cc: =

Subject: Re: SCOUG-Help: For Peter: Isn't this hopelessly out of date
?-Mozilla

svobi wrote:
> =

> I know but I do not know how to solve it !!!
> =

> My mailer, Lotus Notes R 4.57h for OS/2, has no special
> settings regarding TZ !
> =

> The reason may be, that my domain is registered with an US
> registrar ;-)
> =

> For correctness it should be set to my European TZ
> but sometimes it is better to have the US TZ !?
> =

> Is there a way to change TZ with the domain settings ??

Hi Svobi,

Here is the entire header from the above message.
You can see from the Received lines (each server along the way =

adds its own Received line) that all the servers are set correctly
and it is just your computer (or email program) which is set wrong, =

so it's not a DNS problem:

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:43:51 -0400
To: pskye@peterskye.com
From: "svobi"
?-Mozilla

The Date line above shows that you sent the message at 9:43
a.m. *but* your time zone is -0400. Either your mailer has
an incorrect time zone stored somewhere or your TZ variable
isn't being processed properly.

Sorry I can't help more -- I've never used Lotus Notes.

- Peter

Return to [ 15 | February | 2004 ]