Return to [ 02 | January | 2004 ]

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:24:28 PST8
From: "Harry Motin" <hmotin@sbcglobal.net >
To: "SCOUG Help" <scoug-help@scoug.com > ,
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Upgrading tcp/ip stack to 32 bit

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 21:04:28 -0500, jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>I installed Mozilla 1.6b and the Innotek Java package and it seems to be
>working okay. I say this because I can get into one URL that NS4.61 with
>no Java would not let me access.
>
>Frankly, I am amazed by the professionalism apparent in Mozilla. The help
>is, to me, clear unlike the IBM help which frequently leaves me with
>unanswered questions.
>
>Oh yes, I am using both Mozilla and NS4.61 but not at the same time.

Jack,

I agree with almost all of the above, just as you stated it. I, too, have installed Mozilla
1.6B and am having terrific success with it relative to my Netscape 4.61 experience.
I've now successfully gone to websites that I could not get to with Netscape, or ones
which locked up Netscape. also agree with your comment about the professionalism
of the Mozilla help. Finally, I, too, have left Netscaped installed, but do not use it much.

I have not yet gotten around to installing the Innotek 1.42 Java package. I downloaded
it, but left it uninstalled. I recall from a previous SCOUG meeting that there was a caution
about the particular files that I had to install for the Innotek Java package. I just want to
make sure that I understand it all first, before I install.

Can you tell me about your installation of the Innoteck package? Was it pretty
seamless and easy?
HCM

Return to [ 02 | January | 2004 ]