Return to [ 04 | July | 2004 ]

Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 22:02:58 PDT7
From: "i-lists" <i-lists@synass.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Toolbar Executable

Hi Gary
Thanks for your reply ...
=2E.. unfortunately I am unable to agree with your explantation !

Correct is: LaunchPad !
This was used with Warp 3 and is still usable with Warp 4.
PLS see the SET AUTOSTART line below ;-)

Regarding Toolbar with Warp 4 I misagree !!
The SET AUTOSTART calls it WarpCenter and NOT Toolbar !!!

There is one more "little" confusion regarding WarpCenter ;-(
SCENTER.CFG is the configuration file for the WarpCenter =

one finds under x:\OS\DLL !?

My personal intention is to use the respective correct names =

to avoid any mis-interpretings and make clear statements i.e. =

Warp 3 has NO WarpCenter but LaunchPad ...
=2E.. where Warp 4 has WarpCenter and if activated LaunchPad too, =

like I do use both : -))

I do not want to correct or touch you or any body else ...
=2E.. but the correct naming would easen the understanding ones =

message ;-)

In my eyes: The toolbar is an applcations line of available tools !?

Have a nice day, svob=EF

gary.wong@sbcglobal.net on 04/07/2004 22:57:04
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

Svobi:

In Warp 3 it's called the LaunchPad. In Warp 4 and eComStation, it's =

called the Toolbar. They are the same thing.

i-lists wrote:

>Hello SCOUGians, =

>I am also confused about the name "toolbar" !
>In my eyes this name is too general !
>
>In OS/2 I know LaunchPad and WarpCenter !!
>The respective names, however, in eCS I do not know yet.
>
>If it has to do with Launchpad and WarpCenter ...
>... they have entries in the CONFIG.SYS to get started and =

>both can being closed with the R-M-B choice !
>
>Since starting LaunchPad or WarpCenter are startable with =

>a SET command like following:
> =

>>SET AUTOSTART=3DPROGRAMS,TASKLIST,FOLDERS,LAUNCHPAD,WARPCENTER
>>SET RESTARTOBJECTS=3DSTARTUPFOLDERSONLY
>> =

>I assume there must be a respective executive file somewhere !?
>I really do NOT know and therefor "assume" ;-)
>
>Any enylightnings are very appreciated ;-))
>
>TIA & Cheers, svob=EF

---
>>> Say NO to H T M L in Mail and News <<<
>>> A G A I N S T T E R R O R & W A R <<<=