Return to [ 31 | March | 2004 ]

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:07:45 PST8PDT,4,1,0,3600,10,-1,0,7200,3600
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Help, I'm Trapped

In <200403310423.4854735.6@scoug.com>, on 03/31/04
at 04:23 AM, "Harry Motin" said:

>IFS=E:\OS2\JFS.IFS /LW:5,20,4 /AUTOCHECK:* /CACHE:4096
>IFS=E:\OS2\HPFS.IFS /CACHE:2048 /CRECL:4 /AUTOCHECK:E
>IFS=E:\OS2\BOOT\UDF.IFS

>Is this wrong?

This is fine. The JFS and HPFS chkdsks work the same. You can use call
chkdsk as you used to do with your large HPFS partitions, but it's really
not needed with JFS.

FWIW, a chkdsk of a dirty JFS volume would take on the order of a minute,
assuming the volume is not badly damanged.

>Incidently, occassionally the boot will stop at the loading of the UDF
>driver and I have to press ALT-CNTRL-DEL to get it to reboot.

This should not occur. As I recommended, you should install eCSMT and let
it install the UDF updates. If that does not fix it, it's time to hit the
eCS hardware newsgroup.

>Second question. I want to install drivers on my second NIC card. I am
>using the NICPak program on a diskette with the driver for the second
>NIC also on the diskette. Unfortunately, the NicPak.cmd program tells me
>that it cannot find the drivers for either NIC on the diskette. Is there
>a way to manually install the drivers for the NIC.

Humm. What's the directory stucture of the diskette?

You can always copy the drivers to \IBMCOM\MACS. That's all the install
from diskette option does in either MTPS or NICPAK. You only need to copy
the .OS2 and the .NIF file, except in the rare instances that the driver
set includes an .EXE. Look in the file section of the NIF for the file
list.

HTH,

Steven

Return to [ 31 | March | 2004 ]