Return to [ 09 | March | 2004 ]

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:47:15 PST8
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Win 3.1

In <200403100042.i2A0giRb017153@smtp.ucsd.edu>, on 03/09/04
at 04:42 PM, sshapiro@ucsd.edu (Sandy Shapiro) said:

>OK - no problem. I restored the files to \Qwinsock and just deleted the
>winsock.dll file that was there and replaced it with a copy of the one in
>\tcpip\dos\bin

Per Google:

I was regularly getting the Win Sock error message: "WSAAsyncSelect()
unable to locate CB for this socket!" I could click "OK", and the message
closed with no adverse effects, but the solution was to update
winsock.dll. To do so, download DOSBOX.EXE, put it in a temporary
subdirectory, and enter: "DOSBOX ." to unzip it into the current path
(note the space and "." which are important). Then follow the directions
in the Read.me file. I was still getting the error messages after this
update until I found that I had another version of winsock.dll in
directory \os2\mdos\winos2\; when I renamed that file, the error messages
stopped, and I have not seen any adverse consequences so far.

This implies you still have multiple version of the DOS/WinOS2
winsock.dll. YOu need to hunt them down and make them go away as well as
making sure that the one in \tcpip\dos\bin is the most recent for whatever
TCPIP you are running.

>Quicken tries to go online, it says it can't find the server. There is a
>place for "proxy settings." Is there any point to putting something in
>there?

Not unless you have a proxy and you would know if you did.

>Yes indeed. Thanks. 90 ms. with DOS Ping and Windows Wping. 80 to 60 ms.
>with OS/2 ping.

That's fine. Any lost packets?

Steven

Return to [ 09 | March | 2004 ]