Return to [ 01 | March | 2004 ]

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:24:29 PST8
From: "i-lists" <i-lists@synass.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Suggestion for TCPip number ...)

Hi Kevin
OK, it seems that I had misunderstood your triple X reply ...
=2E.. sorry !

Since you believe that you may be a victim ...
=2E.. may I point to your signature:

Your signature names / shows your full name and your exact =

e-mail address !

Like this it may be too easy for a sniffer to recognize your =

data as valid to provide you with these UN-wanted e-mails !!

HTH you to avoid some further inconveniences ;-)

Regards, -svob=EF

=

khill@surfcity.net on 01/03/2004 08:19:39
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 03:28:08 -0800, i-lists wrote:

>Hi Kevin
>I may misunderstand you but I think your answer is somewhat nonsense
;-(

>These multiple x's and the y2x numbers are my replacements =

>since I do not want to publish my real TCPip addresses !!
>
>Some SCOUGians understanding TCPip numbering will =

>recognize my system's TCPip structure to assist and guidance =

>to something better, exspecially since I want to extend my =

>environment with a WL Access Point ;-)
>
>This has absolutely nothing to do with "ES PE A EM Police" and =

>your XXX words ;-))
>
>Have a peaceful Sunday evening
>svobi

Hi svobi,
I think you misunderstood my post. =

Beginning Feb 27, a lot of email that I receive is identified as [SPAM]
in the subject line. Somewhere, a SPAM filter is being used and it is
being a bit too sensitive. I think the SPAM filter is creating
nonsense. I'm not running a filter that would do that to my email, so
it is being applied somewhere in the transmission chain.

I think your original subject line was: "Help: Suggestion for TCPip
number sequence / structure !?" The subject line in the email delivered
to me was " [SPAM] - SCOUG-Help: Suggestion for TCPip number sequence
/ structure !? - Found word(s) list XXX in the Text body." The "XXX"
in your email set off the filter's alarm. =

=

I spoke with my ISP (Surfcity Networks), and the person on phone
support was unaware of any changes there. They have not been filtering
emails sent out to their customers. I expect to learn more from them
on Monday.

Perhaps other people have have encountered this problem and know who or
what is filtering the email.

Kevin L. Hill
Long Beach, CA
khill@surfcity.net