Return to [ 23 | March | 2004 ]

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:56:42 PST8
From: "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <jrace@attglobal.net >
To: < "scoug-help@scoug.com" > scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: DRIVE STRUCTURE

PRI - WIN98
PRI - DOS/WFWG
PRI - IBM BM
PRI - CONTAINER FOR LOGICAL PARTITIONS

I use the 12 gb drive as this is what comes with the TP; I keep
getting new ones under my maintenance contract as the old ones
fall over. (About 9 months average)

Partition structure dictated by old machines and other machines
in our group, which all have the same structure so backups are
easy. (We use other machines as backups.)

Jeffrey Race

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:11:02 PST8, i-lists wrote:

>Hi Jeff, Jordan and all intersted SCOUGians
>One important point is missed in Jeff's struggling:
>
>Max 4 primary partitions are allowed in one HDD !
>
>1. primary C: FAT for DOS ie 512MB
>2. primary C: FAT for W98Thai ie. 2048MB
>3. primary for BM ie 7MB
>
>At the moment I do not remember exactly anymore if the extended
>partition for the logical partitions is a primary too ...
>... and if, it is, the limit of 4 primary partitons is reached !!!
>
>My solution for Jeff's installation would be like following:
>
>Starting with 1-3 as listed above and continuing with
>logical D: FAT as (system) DEDICATED for local data exchanges
>logical E: HPFS for eCS
>logical F: HPFS for Files
>and some more logicals up to ones needs !?

Return to [ 23 | March | 2004 ]