Return to [ 10 | March | 2004 ]

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:39:45 PST8
From: waynec@linkline.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: PCI modem and IRQ

Steven Levine writes:

> In <20040310050010.50348.qmail@beth.linkline.com>, on 03/09/04
> at 09:00 PM, waynec@linkline.com said:
>
>>This is a home computer. New U160 cables are
>>priced in the US $50 to $80+ range,
>
> Depends on where you buy. The last U160 cable I purchased cost 21.95
> shipped. This was a brand new 3 device cable with a dual mode LVM/SE
> terminator.
>
> Your prices sound like Fry's retail or something like that. I tend to buy
> these kinds of items on eBay. I look for a vendor with plenty of volume,
> a sensible pricing structure, close to 100% positive feedback and fair
> shipping charges. My experience it that these are the kinds of vendors I
> want to do business with.

As it turned out, I had gone to the Adaptec site to see if they had any info
on troubleshooting the type of problem I was having. In order to use their
knowledge database I had to register my adapter, which I hadn't done before.
In their email reply to my registration, they offered me $15 off my next
purchase. When I checked their online store, they had a 2-device +
controller cable on a special for about $32 (approx half the normal price)
so I ended up getting it for around what you quoted. Unfortunately it was a
4-device cable I replaced, so the new one limits me from adding any more
devices.

Wayne

Return to [ 10 | March | 2004 ]