Return to [ 08 | March | 2004 ]

Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:26:49 PST8
From: "J. R. Fox" <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: MORE TESTING--STILL FAIL--Re: ECS 1.1 install fails at MiniLVM on TP600E MACHINE DEAD

"Dr. Jeffrey Race" wrote:

> We are thrashing this out with vigor on
> the eComStation list. No results yet.

Hope you get some help there. I wrote support@ecomstation.com almost a
week ago with some install problems, and to date have heard nothing back.

> One poster has suggested using DFSee
> which I am keen to do, but I don't know what to do as I have never
> used this program. If some experienced hand can give me step-by-step
> instructions,

Alas, DFSee is not a particularly easy program to just pick up and use, even
after you've spent some time leafing thru the docs. The menued GUI and
other improvements have made considerable strides in making it more accessible,
compared to before, but there is still plenty of room for improvement in that
regard. I'm still stumbling & fumbling my way to learning how to do successful
things with it. (I've also done some unintentionally destructive things with it,
where I did not know *enough* about what I was doing. Fortunately, nothing
irrecoverable.)

DFSee has its own Support List, under the aegis of Yahoo Groups. This is a
private
list, but free to join -- you probably don't even need to be a registered licensee
of the
program, though I expect that would bolster your position. (The Reg. can be
ordered
online through Mensys, and possibly through BMT Micro.) I have to take some
questions there myself, and so will be joining the list very shortly.

There is also a TP list somewhere -- again, Steve Carter would know -- where you
should
be able to communicate with other 600 owners, and there must be a few of them who
run OS/2, so maybe have taken a pass at eCS on this model.

Jordan

Return to [ 08 | March | 2004 ]