Return to [ 03 | May | 2004 ]

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:57:27 PDT7
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: SCOUG Help <scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Procdump Traps

In <4736.12.10.01.03.05.2004@seadog.reno.nv.us>, on 05/03/04
at 12:10 PM, "Jon Harrison" said:

>Your comment about tcpip32 sparked a memory. When I first
>installed ba2k on my maint. part. it failed due to not finding several
>dll's. Included was so32dll, tcpip32, and tcp32dll. I manually copied
>these 3 dll's to the os2\dll directory on my maint. part. I wonder if
>the fact that they are not located in the original mptn\dll path has
>anything to do with this (that would surprise me but anything is
>possible, no?)?

It probably has everything to do with it. The file location is probably
not the issue. The lack of a valid TCP/IP set up probably is. As to why
the BA2K GUI does not trap too, we can only guess. Also, as to if baiicr
can run from disaster recovery diskettes without tcpip32.dll we can only
guess. My guess, is it can not.

First thing to try is clean up the TCP/IP stack setup on the MP partition.
Move the TCP/IP DLLs to where they belong (\MPTN\DLL). Copy the rest of
the missing TCP/IP stack from the production partition to the MP. This is
just the stack, so you only need files from \MPTN \MPTN\BIN \MPTN\DLL and
some from \MPTN\ETC. You probably don't need any from the \TCPIP tree.
These are the TCP/IP applications and clearly you are not using them on
your MP. :-)

You'll know you have enough copied when baiicr stops trapping. You may
need to run MPTS to clean up protocol.ini and config.sys although the
edits can be done by hand.

If you tried to Test Load the DLLs, this may also explain my PMDLL died.
You can try out beta3 from:

<http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas>

and see if it can avoid dieing.

HTH,