Return to [ 14 | May | 2004 ]

Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:12:06 PDT7
From: "J. R. Fox" <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: Archiver & TFC support in ZTree

Thanks for your reply.

Steven Levine wrote:

> It depends on what you mean by interchangably. Each utility has slightly
> different options but this is rarely an issue. One benefit of pkzip is
> that unshrink support will be built in. Some versions of unzip built by
> the InfoZip team do not support unshrink for legal reasons. One can not
> choose between unzip or pkzip from withing ztb, so in that sense they are
> not interchangable.

I'm not so sure about this. Put PKZIP at the top of the stack -- both inside the
ARCHIVER.BB2 file, and as the most recent archiver chosen from the ZTB menu -- and
doesn't it take over as the current default ? For that matter, if you last used Arj
or RAR, I believe it would come up as the first Archiver ZTB attempts to use. At
least, that's what appears (to me) to be happening.

> >ZTree Config of the late version, possibly including the one for setting
> >the VIEW behavior of ZIP. Once I corrected these issues, the results are
> >again in line with what I was used to.
>
> That makes sense. You might try putting a single copy of archiver.bb2 in
> a common directory that can be found in DPATH. ZTB may or may not search
> via DPATH. You have to try.

Hmm. I've had ZTB in PATH and LIBPATH for a very long time, but probably overlooked
DPATH.

> >Instead of the prior "TFC.Exe not found" error, I now
> >get one that reads " (TFC) Out of Memory." Huh ?? There's no way I
> >don't have enough installed memory . . . for anything I do or have
> >contemplated doing.
>
> Since there's more than one type of memory that you can run out of your
> statement is logically false and, it appears, also false in practice.
>
> If you had thought to post your TFC.CMD, I probably could already have
> told you why you have a problem with it without needing to guess.

I took it verbatim from HELP, changing only the drive letter accordingly:

" The standard TFC.CMD consists of a command line of the following format:

@C:\path\TFC.EXE %1 %4 %5 "

So I have: @E:\ZTB\TFC.EXE %1 %4 $5

Maybe that's more of those % thingies than I really need ?

> Most likely you are invoking tfc.cmd in a never ending loop and blowing
> cmd.exe's stack and that is the memory you are running out of.

Sounds plausible to me. Is that what's happening, in view of the above ?

Jordan

Return to [ 14 | May | 2004 ]