Return to [ 02 | September | 2004 ]

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:13:07 PDT7
From: "J. R. Fox" <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: missing Mozilla versions

Peter Skye wrote:

> If you like to hide stuff from end users and gloat about the
> fact they can't find it because they aren't with the "in
> crowd", fine. But I did what any reasonable user would do
> -- I looked at the available downloads -- and they are NOT
> there.

> I believe that *documentation* was a major portion of these
> recent threads. If the download locations aren't documented
> then they are just somebody's ego trip -- "I know where they
> are but you don't".
>
> Now then: Just where are these OS/2 versions which exist
> but aren't readily apparent to end users?
>
> - Grouchsky

And the secret word is (drumroll) . . .

==> Try subscribing to the VOICE List !

O.K., that's a sentence. (And no slight to Gary and the fine work he does with the Download column, but, on an
as-you-go basis, that's where word of these various releases has come to my attention.) I scarf them up promptly
from the cited links, before they have a chance to relocate to somewhere that is much harder to find. There are
frequently allied links -- such as Changelongs, documentation *of some sort*, etc. -- that you'll see, in
following the VOICE new-s/w-release alert link(s). Simple as that.

Zeppo

Return to [ 02 | September | 2004 ]