Return to [ 02 | September | 2004 ]

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:07:56 PDT7
From: "Larry Tawa" <laror2004@speakeasy.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: eCS 1.2 Group Buy)

In <84580.22.46.48.31.08.2004@constellation.carrier>, on 08/31/2004
at 10:38 PM, sshapiro@ucsd.edu (Sandy Shapiro) said:

>I already have the GenMac drivers, and they work really well on this MB
>with OS/2 Warp 4. I haven't yet got them to work with eCS v. 1.2 on the
>same motherboard, but I am still trying.

Some suggestions:

(1) nicpak was recently updated, which I of course missed version 20040609
which you may wish to try.

<http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=nicpak>

(2) As I recently posted, ASUS A7N8X deluxe rev2, the 3COM NIC is at the
"top" while the NVDIA NIC is at the "bottom" on the back of a tower;
interestingly GenMAC v2.0 release 3 will see either NIC; if *both* are
toggled in the bios, the NVDIA NIC is active; while if only one is marked
active in the bios only that NIC will be active - different than my
posting of 20040325. The point of this you may wish to try different NIC
bios setting and a different install..... The "you may wish to try..."

(3) Did you look here since you do have a GB LAN on your motherboard
while mine does not:

<http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=gigabit>

(4) when doing the eCS 1.2 GA clean install and noting that the installer
did not recognize the built-in nics, did you install a dummy nic? I have
always thought that when installing warp that always install with a dummy
nic even if you do not have a nic installed; one can always adjust the
settings later.

I think the above paragraph is very important. Of course I could clearly
be wrong.....

Try installing eCS 1.2 GA with a dummy nic, complete the install; then try
the latest nicpak & if that fails genmac as you did on Warp 4.

If you try the above, I would be interested in the results. Could you
please send me offlist the file instlog.zip from your \var\log directory
before you try the above.

HTH

Larry

Return to [ 02 | September | 2004 ]