Return to [ 16 | September | 2004 ]

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:34:11 PDT7
From: sshapiro@ucsd.edu (Sandy Shapiro)
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: Mozilla and Java

In , on 09/16/04
at 11:06 AM, "Steven Levine" said:

>>One of the web sites I utilize requires a Java plug-in: X-java-vm, which
>>I have (npj2.dll).

>What site?

It's a password protected site at
pep.gvpi.net/pep/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm

>That is not a plugin DLL name I recognize for Mozilla.

InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java Plug-in
File name: npj2.dll
OS/2 Kit for Java Plug-in 1.4.2_04 for Mozilla
MIME Type: application/x-java-vm

>>My question is if one of the other plug-ins might be obscuring this one
>>--
>>I have plug-ins for Java 1.3 and for Java 1.4. I tried removing some of
>>the plug-ins, but it didn't seem to matter.

>Which Java do you want to use? You can only have plugins installed for
>one JVM.

>I recommend you decide which JVM you want to use and correct the set of
>plugin DLLs. Delete xul.mfl and compreg.dat and let Mozilla rebuild
>them.

I removed the npj2.dll and also npoj16.dll which is for Java 1.3.1

It didn't help. I will try putting the npj2.dll back now and see if that
helps.

I recall this happening once before, and I fixed it by deleting a plug-in,
but I didn't keep notes and now I can't remember how I did it!

Regards,
Sandy

Return to [ 16 | September | 2004 ]